Fractal Audio Systems VP4 - Virtual Pedalboard

Global EQ assignable to just one output, same for the main volume control (btw, where's that hidden?), independent of each other - I might be pretty interested then.

I don't quite know how Strymon are going to really tackle this. The VP4 is sooooooo much more impressive to me than the BigSky MX. A Timeline MX aint gonna cut the mustard. But again, Strymon has a very strong following too. They're be alright.
Strymon's small boxes are great, with a really good sweet spot of ease of use and tone. I own 6 small boxes from them, plus a Volante.

They seem to be really struggling to get their Nixie 2 software editor out there, it's been almost a year and the only thing added since they originally released it is Bigsky MX support. Meanwhile people are (were?) waiting for the Timeline and Mobius MX versions.

Fractal basically offers everything those big boxes could do and more in the VP4, with a software editor.

If I were Strymon, I'd pivot the BigSky MX into a BigSky+Timeline+Mobius box where you can have two effects from any of them at once. They could probably pull off the Kemper style DLC thing for software updates.

I'm probably going to make another video this week when I get my camera equipment back from a friend. Anyone have any particular requests for what to cover in the video?
I'd love to see a "mad tone scientist at work" video. Basically how it works for jumping between different blocks and channels to change stuff on the fly in the different blocks. That's always been the low point of past Fractal gear.

Looking at TOP, there are some lamenting the lack of analog dry-through, just like there were for the Eventide H90. But I think those are the minority.
If I were to be dead set on ADT I'd run it with an RJM Micro Line Mixer with my amp like this:
1729017492445.png

Personally, I doubt it will have much effect unless it becomes available in stores.

At least over here, this defenitely seems to be an issue with the popularity of all FAS products. I know quite some people personally who are using DI modeling solutions regularly (or all the time) and only one guy I know owned an AX8 and now an FM3, but the latter is more or less for home noodling only, not on his live board. Oh yeah, an ex student owns pretty much every FAS product, but that's just because he's rich.
You would expect to see plenty of FAS stuff among the musical folks, top 40 guys and what not - but no.
And I don't expect this to change much with the VP4. Maybe with such a device it's even more important to actually try it out somewhere... which you just can't.

I'd love to see a "mad tone scientist at work" video. Basically how it works for jumping between different blocks and channels to change stuff on the fly in the different blocks. That's always been the low point of past Fractal gear.
Okay. I'd be happy to do that. I'll see if I can get that creative LOL. If you have any specific blocks or parameters in mind, I'm all ears. I'll see if I can make something truly bizarre.

Hell, maybe I can just make a long form video in real time where I'm just doing random combinations. Or I could do a live stream where I'm taking requests.

Okay. I'd be happy to do that. I'll see if I can get that creative LOL. If you have any specific blocks or parameters in mind, I'm all ears. I'll see if I can make something truly bizarre.

Hell, maybe I can just make a long form video in real time where I'm just doing random combinations. Or I could do a live stream where I'm taking requests.
Maybe you could build a preset where all fx are kind of supposed to work together as one, like maybe a multi-delay thing or multiple reverbs or something. Something where you need to go between the blocks to adjust one after tweaking the other.

Back