• Unsliced Bread

• Prosthetic "tone fingers"

• JiveTurkey's resolve to "innovate" with audio signal routing

• Lab grown "safe & guilt-free" toe meat

Results are only viewable after voting.
Ohhhh... squat you say?

Sexy Shake It GIF by Justin Gammon

Dude I got an anecdote for ya.

I had hired a new keyboard player for my jam band. Good soloist, no good with form.
But he was tight with the drummer who really wanted him on the gig.

Two tunes the form was just killing him one was an AABA vamp, the other a 16 bar Blues 12 bar + 4 more bars on the I chord).

So when he gets on the AABA to the A part he starts over, meaning the second cycle he goes into B 4 bars early.

Same with that extra 4 bars in the Blues. Ends up going to the IV chord 4 bars early.

Never writes it down either. In rehearsal he texted the bassist asking what the changes were.
That was already annoying.

So at the bandstand, and I like to stop my band mid song the drummer literally prepared flash cards.
He still messes it up with the drummer holding up a sign I for 4 bars, then IV for 3 bars etc
Still messes it up.

I stop the band explaining to the audience that the clown didn’t do his homework so we teach him

He starts comping…
The band and audience scream
One one one one four four etc

He got it, we start again. Messes it up again.
I tell him to sit on his hands.
did you mean to say you play abba songs? if so form isnt important

No man. Blues form many non Americans that haven’t played any Blues are trippin up

Reminds me of a guy I jammed with who was an otherwise decent guitar player but could not wrap his head around a basic 12 bar blues, and it was his idea to play a blues song, I don’t even remember what song it was. But he was always leaving out a bar and changing early. The most basic stuff, this was your standard 12 bars, nothing tricky.

Back