What is it not it is? Is it?

• None of the above

• Electric sex pants

• Unsliced Bread

• Prosthetic "tone fingers"

• JiveTurkey's resolve to "innovate" with audio signal routing

• Lab grown "safe & guilt-free" toe meat

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back in topic: someone suggested on the fractal forum that the waffles mentioned by Cliff could be a hint for something based on machine learning: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waffles_(machine_learning)#:~:text=Waffles is a collection of,GNU Lesser General Public License.

Or just a coincidence ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It’s going to be a desktop audio interface that integrates seamlessly with Fractal products, but it will also have an AI that can log in to various gear forums and raise hell.

Many of them do it. They're just better at hiding it.
Screenshot 2024-08-26 at 4.21.08 PM.png

He’s saying that on-device editing should still exist, ie Helix, FM9, QC etc but that mobile device editors like phones and tablets for those modelers should also exist, like the QC, GT-1000 Core, etc.

Exactly. I would never purchase a modeler that I couldn't completely operate just on its own. But in my book additional mobile editors can almost be a godsend.

(Fwiw, there's no mobile editor for the GT-1000 Core - you will have to kinda "jailbreak" things with a WIDI jack to make the BTS app work, from all I remember - and some functions seem to get lost, too.)

Exactly. I would never purchase a modeler that I couldn't completely operate just on its own. But in my book additional mobile editors can almost be a godsend.

(Fwiw, there's no mobile editor for the GT-1000 Core - you will have to kinda "jailbreak" things with a WIDI jack to make the BTS app work, from all I remember - and some functions seem to get lost, too.)
Oh really? I thought the Core had it, but the big guy didn’t. I stand corrected

I assume this is on the current tour? If so, it makes sense. A solo project tour supporting Bush limits stage space as well as the set up/tear down time as opposed to headlining with Alice in Chains.
Yes this is from the current tour (not my pic but grabbed it from YouTube video from a recent show).

I consider quite a few here more than just Avatars
To outsiders our gear forum may appears like a madhouse where every thread is like a padded room, they're all wrong, I see nothing but love.
We were rejected from "normal" gear forums, our band is called The Punks Of Gear and this is where we squat, REAL gear forumers, ACAB, and god save the queen.

I entirely agree. Even if we do not meet personally, we create some bonds with those who have been here for a while, post frequently, and interact with each other.

We tease each other, but friendly. Without TGP'ing each other in absurd confrontations.

Happy I Love You GIF by Warner Bros. Deutschland

ABSOFUCKINGLUTELY!!!

I'd give up every single dyna-cab slot and all but 1 IR slot to have that. I'd give up 200 of the in built amps too, and I'd throw the resonator, rotary effects, and most of the modulation effects in the bin too!!

Genuinely blows my mind that you can't save block presets on the hardware. I don't understand why. It is such a common thing.

Even the HX Stomp has the ability!

I’m not a coder, but how hard would this be to implement? The library is just ascii right? @FractalAudio ?
Global blocks on the Axe Fx III sort of covers this...

The Fractal stuff doesn't have any concept of general purpose storage. There are specific storage "areas" formatted for specific things.

The block files are sysex... Same as Presets and IRs, but each has its own format.

Back