• None of the above

• Electric sex pants

• Unsliced Bread

• Prosthetic "tone fingers"

• JiveTurkey's resolve to "innovate" with audio signal routing

• Lab grown "safe & guilt-free" toe meat

Results are only viewable after voting.
View attachment 27199
I’ve been saying this for over a decade, but I think a simple toggle to hide ALL deep parameters from the front panel would appease to those who wish to interact with a model as if it were the real thing.
easy GIF

View attachment 27199
I’ve been saying this for over a decade, but I think a simple toggle to hide ALL deep parameters from the front panel would appease to those who wish to interact with a model as if it were the real thing.
But the presence of additional parameters isn’t really the problem to begin with.

See also: “The FAS UI has to be bonkers because the modeling is so advanced.” :p

I wonder if a big part of the reason Cliff doesn't stress over the UI is that in theory you shouldn't be using it much. Once the device is set up, you should be playing. I'm thinking of when I saw Metallica last weekend...the only pedals on the stage were the controllers for Kirk's wah. I doubt that they care what the UI is like because it's been programmed and set up, sounds really good, and works reliably.

Now the average consumers are different...and they span the range from "guy who used to program rack units in his sleep in the 80's" to "guy who won't touch anything other than the volume knob on his amp". That's where the units with touch screens and clean UI's give a big advantage. But I don't think that's much of a concern for Cliff. If he was worried about selling a lot of units he'd be focusing on hitting price points and having broader distribution.

I wonder if a big part of the reason Cliff doesn't stress over the UI is that in theory you shouldn't be using it much. Once the device is set up, you should be playing. I'm thinking of when I saw Metallica last weekend...the only pedals on the stage were the controllers for Kirk's wah. I doubt that they care what the UI is like because it's been programmed and set up, sounds really good, and works reliably.

Now the average consumers are different...and they span the range from "guy who used to program rack units in his sleep in the 80's" to "guy who won't touch anything other than the volume knob on his amp". That's where the units with touch screens and clean UI's give a big advantage. But I don't think that's much of a concern for Cliff. If he was worried about selling a lot of units he'd be focusing on hitting price points and having broader distribution.

A huge difference is Metallica tours with their own FOH team and sound techs who not only know what's needed for every song. They have hours to set up, sound check and tweak well before the band ever hits the stage.

A huge difference is Metallica tours with their own FOH team and sound techs who not only know what's needed for every song. They have hours to set up, sound check and tweak well before the band ever hits the stage.
You can always spot the artists who don’t know shit about the Axe-FX and likely have their techs do all the dialing-in by the way they refer to them as “Fractals.”

Doesn’t Metallica have like Guitar and amp guys behind stage that are even controlling stuff per song? I mean that’s not really a fair comparison.

I'm sure this has been mentioned multiple times already in this thread but it could be the LB-1. I remember that Cliff talked about this. Reactive load with cab modeling etc.
I hope he fixed the impedance curve to something that more closely matches a standard 4x12 like Suhr does.
Cliff mentioned 'firmware' so I don't know if it's a load box?

Back