What is it not it is? Is it?

• None of the above

• Electric sex pants

• Unsliced Bread

• Prosthetic "tone fingers"

• JiveTurkey's resolve to "innovate" with audio signal routing

• Lab grown "safe & guilt-free" toe meat

Results are only viewable after voting.
Oh I thought it may be some laborious task that would take months with team of guys costing a lot. If it’s so easy why doesn’t cliff do it? Cultural? What does that mean? Like the guy who still uses a flip phone from 2000 refusing to get any new touch devices? That culture!?
Ask him. He’s a member here.

I mean fractal is tops in many areas but the gui so others come out with the gui already there but tones and effects are lacking so yea I can see how the interface may be an easier project then the guts… but in the long run after the people who already have the gui down catch up the fractal and fractal does not improve their gui then fractal will be no longer relevant

A design consultant would take a few weeks tops to take all the functionality on the current axe 3 and re-lay out the thing to be easier to use, and do a few rounds of revisions and testing. I know I could do it pretty quickly, and it wouldn't be a huge expense. If they don't do it it's because it's not a cultural thing for Fractal, it's not because it's a prohibitive cost. Hell hire a kid out of design school and get them to work, they might make some mistakes here and there but just someone focusing on the task will generate usable ideas to improve things a bit.
Sorry. That's a load of bollocks.

Graphic designer here.

I actually come up with a really slick UI for the Fractal line not long after the Axe-FX III was released. It’s all laid out, complete with renderings. I know I offered them some assistance but was ignored.

I will say that they didn’t ignore me on this one. Glad to see it’s being used:
1724530920897.jpeg

I'd be interested in seeing that!!
I’ll have to see if I can dig it up.

If it’s so easy why doesn’t cliff do it?

Designing a GUI requires a highly unique set of skills - it's not in any way easy, unless you have those skills.

The point is that people who do use to be a bit more rare and accordingly, very expensive!
These days they're a dime a dozen if you look in the right places.

I assume Fractal already has some sort of flow chart showing the entirety of the AXE III OS with the variables mapped.

Give that to someone along with basic graphics choices and let them rip on some virtual story-board presentations.
Once you nail a general direction the rest of the job becomes a whole shit ton of redundancy from a programmers
standpoint.

Last edited:
I only think a “beginner” (easy ui mode) mode on fractals is validated if they were sold in stores. Period.
On the other hand. You can’t sell those in “normal” stores.

Graphic designer here.

I actually come up with a really slick UI for the Fractal line not long after the Axe-FX III was released. It’s all laid out, complete with renderings. I know I offered them some assistance but was ignored.
R u serious? Wow

Back