What is it not it is? Is it?

• None of the above

• Electric sex pants

• Unsliced Bread

• Prosthetic "tone fingers"

• JiveTurkey's resolve to "innovate" with audio signal routing

• Lab grown "safe & guilt-free" toe meat

Results are only viewable after voting.
Not exactly a bet but something I would possibly buy in a heartbeat: A guitar modeling and synthesis system done right. Including the least intrusive HEX pickup ever.

And while I know it's the unlikeliest thing on earth, I'm actually sort of wondering how something like this doesn't already exist as a serious product. And no, I'm not talking Variax levels of seriousness. I'm not even talking Boss levels of seriousness - but the real serious deal...
Now that modeling is pretty much good enough for pretty much anyone, including some of the most demanding (and delivering) players on earth, guitar modeling could be the next big thing. I mean, guitars got so expensive, bringing multiple ones to a gig is annoying, etc., so if they could be modeled with FAS level accuracy, that'd be a true godsend.
No offense, my German pal. But I'll eat a sweaty sock if Fractal ever does anything hex pickup-related.

Market as a pedal board friendly device. Price it at $699 to compete at the Kemper Player and HX Stomp price point.

You want effects/more power and flexibility? FM3 is only $400 more.
Yeah, I'm just selfishly wanting it for my specific use-case, that's all. If it's sub-$1000, I'll probably buy whatever it is anyway :rofl

I just don't see it happening.

Me neither.
The idea behind my suggestion was solely based on some "if someone could finally do this right, FAS would likely be that someone" thought. They nailed amp modeling in pretty much all aspects, so what's left? The two things at the outer positions of the signal chain. And as final amplification is super boring, it'll leave us with guitar modeling. Plain logic.

Me neither.
The idea behind my suggestion was solely based on some "if someone could finally do this right, FAS would likely be that someone" thought. They nailed amp modeling in pretty much all aspects, so what's left? The two things at the outer positions of the signal chain. And as final amplification is super boring, it'll leave us with guitar modeling. Plain logic.
True. And I wish someone would do it well. VG is kinda dead at Roland, unless you want to buy the ancient GR-55, or the SY-1000, the latter of which is very cool, but overkill if you just want the guitar modeling thing. I think they discontinued the little GP-1. I shouldn't have sold mine. Variax is dead.

Back