• None of the above

• Electric sex pants

• Unsliced Bread

• Prosthetic "tone fingers"

• JiveTurkey's resolve to "innovate" with audio signal routing

• Lab grown "safe & guilt-free" toe meat

Results are only viewable after voting.
Money Business GIF by BBC
Well yeah, I also think a floor modeler without a built-in expression pedal is actually a desktop device.

3 Fractal footswitches are pretty supercapable. Insanely versatile, and easily programmable. That being said, I still opted to move up to the FM9, but that was also because of the greatly increased horsepower.
I 100% agree with channels and gapless it probably the most powerful unit in it class
I mean you could have a Vox
JCM800 , SLO plus a boost on the hold function or a delay
The functionality is crazy

I think I’m learning a little bit about the demographic on this forum. Must be 55 or older, unable to carry anything over 10 pounds and play Timmy’s Tavern once a month. How did they let me in??
Don’t forget the large percentage that don’t gig but might someday or did some time ago, and need something that doesn’t require bending over to edit on the device at home. So it has to be equally at home on a desktop as the floor.

I think I’m learning a little bit about the demographic on this forum. Must be 55 or older, unable to carry anything over 10 pounds and play Timmy’s Tavern once a month. How did they let me in??
The problem is the stamp-sized excuse of a stage at Timmy's, even Pedaltrain Nano is pushing it! :grin

I just don't get it how people get along with 3 footswitches for a show. My Helix (as a pedalboard replacement) is set up with 4 snapshots, tap, tuner/mute, boost, tremolo, reverb switch (spring vs. plate), delay switch (slapback vs. timed 8th), feedbacker, sustain and I still wish for more switches to switch overdrives, effects or snapshots. It's still more compact and especially lighter than my previous pedalboard. But fewer switches would mean more presets or snapshots to organize everything needed, more programming, more thinking, less playing. I'd wish for more flexibility programming the switches though, then I might get along with 10, but less? But I have to admit, I'm a kitchen sink guy.

Back in the nineties I spent about five years in a cover band that was doing around 150 nights a year. My rig was a Rockmaster preamp, a Digitech GSP21 Legend, and a MosValve power amp. On the floor was a two button foot switch for the Peavey, a Morley Wah/fuzz, and a Morley volume pedal that was run in between the preamp and the processor.

The Digitech served as a gate and delay only, and I never messed with it at all.

The band covered a huge variety of styles and genres, and all I ever did was select clean, crunch, or dirty and got on with it.

I could definitely make 3 switches work for me, I’d just re-organize presets to match the setlist and program the switches for Scene Up, Scene Down and a Tuner/Tap Tempo. If I were smart, this is how I’d handle everything, but I am not smart.

Back