What is it not it is? Is it?

• None of the above

• Electric sex pants

• Unsliced Bread

• Prosthetic "tone fingers"

• JiveTurkey's resolve to "innovate" with audio signal routing

• Lab grown "safe & guilt-free" toe meat

Results are only viewable after voting.
I would love a pedalboard friendly FM3 style device. Come to think of it an effects only device about the size of a large stomp would be cool too.

If I were only using an FM3/9 without expression pedals, I could do this, but with expression pedals and extra cables, I want that shit tidy and easily movable.

That's all I run with my band (FM9 and two expression pedals). I haven't bothered with a board for them, I just throw everything in a Helix backpack and sling it over my shoulder.

I mean, who dreams of something large and bulky to carry around? :sneaky:

French pole vaulters??

IMG_5229.jpeg

Unfortunately, an Axe FX3 with the FC12 costs €4,000 in my part of Europe, which is more than I'm willing to invest in this kind of gear. The FM9 would be tempting, but I feel like there's a better version to come in the future, which I'm going to hold out for. The form factor and the UI just isn't quite there yet for me compared to the competitors.
FM9 is the sweet spot. But FM3 might be powerful enough for you and used first gen units go for about 1000€ so a great way to try the Fractal stuff.

I found that I rarely used the full capabilities of the Axe-Fx 3 and FM3 would have been more than enough, even more so now with the gapless switching.

IMO the form factor for the FM9 is fine, but I agree about the onboard UI. We just don't know when a new gen will come out. I assume not soon if they are releasing a new product that is not a replacement for the current units.

FM9 is the sweet spot. But FM3 might be powerful enough for you and used first gen units go for about 1000€ so a great way to try the Fractal stuff.

I found that I rarely used the full capabilities of the Axe-Fx 3 and FM3 would have been more than enough, even more so now with the gapless switching.

IMO the form factor for the FM9 is fine, but I agree about the onboard UI. We just don't know when a new gen will come out. I assume not soon if they are releasing a new product that is not a replacement for the current units.
The FM3 wouldn't be for me. I'm big into the ambient / post-rock / P&W scene, and my main Helix preset has 2 amps, 2 reverbs and 3 delays, plus chorus, tremolo, boost etc. I need a comprehensive unit!

Last edited:
The FM3 wouldn't be for me. I big into the ambient / post-rock / P&W scene, and my main Helix preset has 2 amps, 2 reverbs and 3 delays, plus plus chorus, tremolo, boost etc. I need a comprehensive unit!
If you're big into that, Axe-FX III + FC-12 + 2 x EV1 is the buey
Staring Star Wars GIF by Disney+

If you're big into that, Axe-FX III + FC-12 + 2 x EV1 is the buey
Staring Star Wars GIF by Disney+
pj4CCTojxSZ59mXZVnVYuWFa7O4=.gif

I've actually got 2 Dynacord AXM-12As, which have since been rebranded to the Electro-Voice PXM-12MP, so I've got that part covered.

Last edited:
Thinking about sizes...

index.php
Maybe fm12? Get rid of all buttons under the word fm9 down(2) and put an expression pedal there and then add a row of 5 switches below the 5 already there… add the ability to have a switch be a onob as well? I don’t photo shop sorry

Back