• None of the above

• Electric sex pants

• Unsliced Bread

• JiveTurkey's resolve to "innovate" with audio signal routing

• Lab grown "safe & guilt-free" toe meat

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The VP4 uses a SoC. It has an ARM Cortex A15 core and a C66x core along with a bunch of peripherals. The DSP in the Axe-Fx III would be too power-hungry for this application.
What made you choose this over Analog Devices offerings? Just easier to port stuff?

That's likely because they consider it an unnecessary feature for what Axe-Fx is supposed to do.

You could add a Suhr MicroMIDI to your setup and do this over MIDI...well, if the VP4 would let you configure MIDI CC or PC messages to send on e.g preset or scene changes...
Yeah i have a mesa midi matrix so for me it's easy, but it's also a nice feature so you don't have to buy another $400 box.

VOOCX-ebe2e8df0c79cc8ed54a2f7e121de439.jpg

I'm playing synth through the FM3 right now aaaaaaaaand.... GAS averted, I think? It sounds great but I just prefer Meris reverbs, they put me in my happy place immediately with zero tweaking. Delay is my next priority and the FAS delays are obviously really good, but so are many others. I don't use much modulation honestly, but when I do I prefer FAS to anything else I've tried. I really like FAS for all-in-one guitar solutions with amp sims and really good effects, but maybe I can live without this one.

Not that I was ever the target market for this, but one can always dream of spending money on superfluous things!

It's quite possible we could add more blocks in future firmware. I can envision, say, four switchable blocks and two fixed blocks per preset. The fixed blocks are always on. The switchable blocks can be bypassed/engaged. Or four fixed blocks and four switchable blocks.

It's just software. It's a fairly powerful processor, more powerful than the FX8 had, but our algorithms have continued to increase in complexity and require more processing power than things did back in the FX8 days.
In this case, please consider the tube preamp folks (vs the full tube amp or modeler folks), and perhaps allow a couple of fixed blocks with tube power amp sim (even something generic etc), and a cab block or IR loader.

Using a virtual tube power amp either DI'd or via a SS power amp and cab (guitar or "FRFR"), allows the rig's size and weight to be greatly reduced, and removes any tube power amp sweet spot SPL issues.

In this case, please consider the tube preamp folks (vs the full tube amp or modeler folks), and perhaps allow a couple of fixed blocks with tube power amp sim (even something generic etc), and a cab block or IR loader.

Using a virtual tube power amp either DI'd or via a SS power amp and cab (guitar or ""FRFR""), allows the rig's size and weight to be greatly reduced, and removes any tube power amp sweet spot SPL issues.
Thats's a really great idea! A power amp emulation block would make the VP4 a perfect companion for analog preamps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back