• None of the above

• Electric sex pants

• Unsliced Bread

• JiveTurkey's resolve to "innovate" with audio signal routing

• Lab grown "safe & guilt-free" toe meat

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fwiw, defenitely nothing for me. Lacks some features to suit as the backend of my (DI, FR) pedalboard, such as a dedicated balanced out with an assignable global EQ, 4 FX blocks are not enough at all (even if there's channels for each) and as there seems to be no gobal blocks functionality, patch switching also can't compensate for it.
Possibly a great device for folks needing high end modulation and spatial FX on their boards, though (personally, I don't need that, either, I'm fine with, say, HX or Boss quality for all things delay/reverb). For 4CM operation, I find this to be pretty limited (add to this there's no amp switching outs, which IMO may have added quite some value).

Completely irrelevant, but I'm actually a bit surprised about the look. At least the case looks pretty Boss-ish.

I went through the 70+ Axe-Fx presets that I created for specific songs. Conclusion: 4 effects pretty much suffice, for most of them.

Exceptions fall in the ‘special’ category where multiple effects are being used, eg. to construct an organ simulation, for custom synth sounds, extensive parallel chains, special effects etc.

If the posted effects list is correct, the Multiplexer is not included. This means having to use other tricks to switch an expression pedal between multiple uses within a single preset.

Last edited:
Ok, so doing a simple proportion with US prices it should be around 650$ there

Which means UK will probably be about £850 once G66 whack their chunk on top???

Yeah, maybe a tad less... FM3 is currently 1435€ with Italian 22% VAT, so should be around 850€/800£

FM3 here is AUS $ 2350 ..... that gives me a local Aussie guess-timate selling price of AUS ~$1499 :eek:

I went through the 70+ Axe-Fx presets that I created for specific songs. Conclusion: 4 effects pretty much suffice, for most of them.

Exceptions fall in the ‘special’ category where multiple effects are being used, eg. to construct an organ simulation, for custom synth sounds, extensive parallel chains, special effects etc.

If the posted effects list is correct, the Multiplexer is not included. This means having to use other tricks to switch an expression pedal between multiple uses within a single preset.

while 4 effects are usually enough for any song I usually use more than 4 blocks in a single patch because some of them are "service" blocks like volume boost/eq for leads, FX send/returns, volume blocks used for balancing volumes between channels (I use an amp in 4cm), etc.

And I surely need more than 4 swtiches.

So far the Helix floor is still the king for my user case.

while 4 effects are usually enough for any song I usually use more than 4 blocks in a single patch because some of them are "service" blocks like volume boost/eq for leads, FX send/returns, volume blocks used for balancing volumes between channels (I an amp in 4cm), etc.

And I surely need more than 4 swtiches.

So far the Helix floor is still the king for my user case.

All a matter of perspective. Nobody claims that the VP4 is a 'flagship' or a 'master control center'. It's four world class effects in a row.

P.S. Volume Boosts can probably be accomplished using Scene Level controls or modifiers, so no dedicated block required.

All a matter of perspective. Nobody claims that the VP4 is a 'flagship' or a 'master control center'. It's four world class effects in a row.

P.S. Volume Boosts can probably be accomplished using Scene Level controls or modifiers, so no dedicated block required.

yeah, yeah. I understand that.
I just hoped it was a more capable device, just in case I wanted to dip my feet in the FAS world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back