• None of the above

• Electric sex pants

• Unsliced Bread

• JiveTurkey's resolve to "innovate" with audio signal routing

• Lab grown "safe & guilt-free" toe meat

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I think it depends on how much motivation you have to sell? Agreed completely on the expensive guitar or amp warranting a little more legwork/salesmanship. But that in between spot of tire kicking and yapping with randos with no intention of ever actually buying makes for a fairly compelling 'just take it to GC' argument.

Yeah I think it depends on how much motivation you have to sell? Agreed completely on the expensive guitar or amp warranting a little more legwork/salesmanship. But that in between spot of tire kicking and yapping with randos with no intention of ever actually buying makes for a fairly compelling 'just take it to GC' argument.
Also if you plan on buying something they normally take 10 percent off if you trade in and when I last did it, for some reason they bypassed sales tax lol

Walked in with a Kemper Stage, walked out spending $200 and had a new 5153 50w stealth

You can visit me in Germany for a heat pump service. We got one installed this spring and now I‘m getting a nasty 6 KHz whistling noise when I play guitar and the heat pump is active. Pretty annoying.

View attachment 30346
Weird, they shouldn’t really bother guitar pickups, but there may be something going on electrically. I have a geothermal heatpump at home and nothing is audible when playing guitar. The fucking robomower though… that shit send radio signals through anything.

What type/brand of heatpump is it? Is there a built in WiFi? Do you hear the sound when the compressor is active only?

The main appeal of GC is that once it's gone, and you walk out with cash/ check in hand, you KNOW it's gone. You can bank and/or spend that money in good faith.

Every other option is shades of grey as far as this goes.

Last edited:
Also if you plan on buying something they normally take 10 percent off if you trade in and when I last did it, for some reason they bypassed sales tax lol

Walked in with a Kemper Stage, walked out spending $200 and had a new 5153 50w stealth
I got a very good offer on the FM3 a few months ago at a local boutique shop, but it was contingent on my taking payment in store credit. The trouble is, I really don't want any more gear. (Or at the time, nothing they would have carried.) I'm trying to downsize a little bit.

Last edited:
yeah, just because the sale is cash and I'm out doesn't mean I'm not gonna get harassed by some buyer-regret-lunatic down the road...

I've never really thought about that because it's never happened to me. I guess you could always arrange a meet up somewhere else other than your house. I've bought a lot of music gear at motorway service stations and coffee shops because they were roughly in the middle between where the buyer/seller and I lived.

Weird, they shouldn’t really bother guitar pickups, but there may be something going on electrically. I have a geothermal heatpump at home and nothing is audible when playing guitar. The fucking robomower though… that shit send radio signals through anything.

What type/brand of heatpump is it? Is there a built in WiFi? Do you hear the sound when the compressor is active only?
Yep, it‘s only there when the compressor is active and goes away as soon as it goes into standby. It took me a while to figure out that it‘s caused by the heat pump. I sent an e-mail to the technician today to see if he has any ideas. Perhaps a mains filter would help?

I got very good offer on the FM3 a few months ago, but it was contingent on my taking payment in store credit. The trouble is, I really don't want any more gear. (Or at the time, nothing they would have carried.) I'm trying to downsize a little bit.
Weird. I always get the hard push of "10% of anything new! I see you eyeing that PRS SE -- did you see the Core version? 10% off on that is a lot of savings! ComeOnDownToBob'sDiscountSavingsTODAY!!!!!" but I've done the "yes, definitely buying something" and pulled out after the offer and . . . the offer is still the same. I guess each store is going to make that decision based on their specific needs at the time, though.

Weird. I always get the hard push of "10% of anything new! I see you eyeing that PRS SE -- did you see the Core version? 10% off on that is a lot of savings! ComeOnDownToBob'sDiscountSavingsTODAY!!!!!" but I've done the "yes, definitely buying something" and pulled out after the offer and . . . the offer is still the same. I guess each store is going to make that decision based on their specific needs at the time, though.
I wonder if Discount Bob and Margarita Mike have some sort of partnership? :unsure:

I've never really thought about that because it's never happened to me. I guess you could always arrange a meet up somewhere else other than your house. I've bought a lot of music gear at motorway service stations and coffee shops because they were roughly in the middle between where the buyer/seller and I lived.
I live in a very low population state where 60% of the population are certifiable crazy.

Any in-person sale includes pick up at a police station parking lot. I’m not having someone in my house to find out if the $400 thing I’m selling works or not.

Any in-person sale includes pick up at a police station parking lot. I’m not having someone in my house to find out if the $400 thing I’m selling works or not.

Again. I've never had a problem. People don't get any farther into my house than the entrance hall. Most people who've bought stuff from me have been pretty nice. I'd say most of my transactions have been motorway services though to save travelling any big distances.

Yep, it‘s only there when the compressor is active and goes away as soon as it goes into standby. It took me a while to figure out that it‘s caused by the heat pump. I sent an e-mail to the technician today to see if he has any ideas. Perhaps a mains filter would help?
Yeah, that could possibly help. Weird though. Never heard of such an issue. But it’s only when guitar playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back