• Electric sex pants

• Unsliced Bread

• JiveTurkey's resolve to "innovate" with audio signal routing

• Lab grown "safe & guilt-free" toe meat

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What if it's just all bass amp models?

You know how TV commercials went 50 years before featuring a same sex or bi-racial couple in one?
And then once they finally did they started going overboard and making every 8 out of 10
commercial couples either same sex or bi-racial?

Maybe that's now FAS and how they plan on approaching bass?
Get ready for it......

Fractal Audio Systems BASS-AXE.

Nothing but bass stuff everywhere you look..... except for a few Marshall plexis tucked away somewhere.
And all updates for the next 18 months will be entirely dedicated to those long neglected low end algorithms.

And to kick things off a new ad blitz will commence featuring a true Mount Rushmore bass icon:

9224677.jpeg

:headbang:headbang:headbang:headbang:headbang

Last edited:
That's interesting, since I keep reading (here) that the QC sucks for 4CM leveling, etc., and the FM3 is the preferred solution. (Though "better" does not necessarily imply "good"?)
I think it’s the rare bird that people LIKE to use in 4cm. The FM9 and Axe III both have dedicated “unity gain” outputs specifically optimized for 4CM.

FM3 also has a big chunk of DSP dedicated to amps. That’s one cool thing with HX Stomp, if you run effects only you can take advantage of the DSP. Depending on what the product is, more flexibility may be a draw.

Honestly even if it was just an FM3 in smaller housing with four switches I’d be pretty interested in it. FM3 has enough power for almost anything I need but it’s awkward to incorporate with other devices.

What would an FX4 offer that an FM3 doesn't already offer? Apart from an extra footswitch? Wouldn't an FX unit be a subset of the functionality of an FM unit?

Or is this based on the assumption that an FX4 would be significantly cheaper?
It would doubtless have the secret sauce I/O stuff from the Axe3. Which means it would play nicer with other bits of gear. That in itself is a highly valuable thing.

It must surely have some workflow improvements and a user experience that has been thought carefully about. But we'll have to see.

FM3 is too big to put on a pedalboard.

That's interesting, since I keep reading (here) that the QC sucks for 4CM leveling, etc., and the FM3 is the preferred solution. (Though "better" does not necessarily imply "good"?)
I have covered this in the footage for my QC video review. I've compared the Helix, Axe3, and QC for their baseline noise floor performance. The QC is quite a bit poorer in this regard than the other two units. The FX loop sends boost the signal, but even when you account for that fact by turning down the send level, you still get a lot of noise.

It would doubtless have the secret sauce I/O stuff from the Axe3. Which means it would play nicer with other bits of gear. That in itself is a highly valuable thing.

It must surely have some workflow improvements and a user experience that has been thought carefully about. But we'll have to see.

FM3 is too big to put on a pedalboard.
Hold my Terra

FM3 also has a big chunk of DSP dedicated to amps. That’s one cool thing with HX Stomp, if you run effects only you can take advantage of the DSP. Depending on what the product is, more flexibility may be a draw.

Honestly even if it was just an FM3 in smaller housing with four switches I’d be pretty interested in it. FM3 has enough power for almost anything I need but it’s awkward to incorporate with other devices.
That's a very good point. I forgot that the DSP wasn't dynamically allocated between amps and effects on the FM3.

The amount of self-sabotage in this thread is awesome:

"I mean, I woulda bought it if it had the same DSP as an FM3, but they took out the amp processor for the FX-only device?!? Major oversight"

The amount of self-sabotage in this thread is awesome:

"I mean, I woulda bought it if it had the same DSP as an FM3, but they took out the amp processor for the FX-only device?!? Major oversight"
Let's say it is an FX only unit.

The real question for me will be.... what will it do for me that my Meris LVX and MercuryX don't ?

Paul: "Have to admit it's getting better, it's getting better all the time."

John: "Couldn't get any worse!"
In case you didn't get it, @JiveTurkey that's a reference to your favorite band
Let's say it is an FX only unit.

The real question for me will be.... what will it do for me that my Meris LVX and MercuryX don't ?
RCA input for your MP3 player; make waffles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back