• Lab grown "safe & guilt-free" toe meat

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
.....more at 7

New FAS affiliate? :pee

1727468621992.png

what are these cylinders for?

The C in the designator on the PCB means capacitor. Different can sizes are for different voltages basically.
There's a ton of smaller ones that are surface mounted on top of the PCB but those are rectangular.

Some people believe that, another theory is that those are the little houses where the Tone Elf live and come out at night to work!

nah tone elves live in saturating inductors and transformers. distortion magic is in the wireless translation of audio energy... i just wonder why u don't see many surface mount inductors/transformers. I bet there's an issue with the magnetic field getting so small they stop working right once you get below a certain size package. the triaxis has like 27 little baby toroidal inductors scattered about

Reactions: Elf
The heat is caused by the CPU. Modern ARM-CPUs create *way* less heat.
You've obviously not read Cliff's comments on ARM...

Here is a somewhat recent comment:
ARMs aren't particularly good at DSP. They're getting better every generation but still nowhere near a dedicated DSP

So, an ARM in this case might be an "upgrade" regarding heat but a definite downgrade in processing power.

So, an ARM in this case might be an "upgrade" regarding heat but a definite downgrade in processing power.

So, how comes I can run 4 (!) fully stuffed Helixes on just one single core of my Macbook Air at 3.5ms RTL (an RME would even take this down to a bit below 3ms)? A dedicated OS with its sole purpose being to run one single application could certainly bring latency down yet again and free up some more CPU ressources.
You gotta explain this "downgraded" processing power to me.

So, how comes I can run 4 (!) fully stuffed Helixes on just one single core of my Macbook Air at 3.5ms RTL (an RME would even take this down to a bit below 3ms)? A dedicated OS with its sole purpose being to run one single application could certainly bring latency down yet again and free up some more CPU ressources.
You gotta explain this "downgraded" processing power to me.
Doesn't mean it's quality... A Fractal is not Helix Native ;)

I'll just tag @FractalAudio here and maybe he'll educate you on why.

Personally, he's convinced me he knows a thing or two...:D

Sascha makes a very good point. I know we don’t have Fractal Native to find out how it would run on the same Apple chip, but if you’re suggesting the same computer couldn’t handle complex Fractal signal chains, I don’t believe you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back