• None of the above

• Electric sex pants

• Unsliced Bread

• JiveTurkey's resolve to "innovate" with audio signal routing

• Lab grown "safe & guilt-free" toe meat

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been watching some demos of the Mooer GE1000 and the GUI and the tones (at least in the demos) is impressive for $550. I have some unanswered questions about the footswitching options (need momentary switching), but I’m tempted to get one and give it a go. The GE1000li with the rechargeable battery is also pretty sweet on paper.
I had an Ampero Mini and form factor + UI was amazing. Effects were limited and some where good (modulation), some not so good (reverb). But amp tones (I know… last gen) were really uninspiring. But it was a fun unit and definitely a lot of potential for the future.

I think the current Ampero 2nd gen stuff is expected to be better but havent tried it.

IMO there's lots of space wasted on the FM3. Unless they really needed that space for the circuitry, I fail to see why it has to be that bulky (or not have, say, 2-3 more switches, which would fit easily.
As far as the integrated PSU goes, in general I'm all for it, but on a larger pedalboard it's sometimes turning into a disadvantage as you may have a powerful multiout PSU already, good enough to drive some more demanding units as well. Wouldn't work with the FM3, so you'd always have to deal with an additional full size power connection.
Agreed. No idea why it has to be 3 pedals with their own little screens. I’d rather have 5-8 pedals without screens than 3 with.

Here are some FM3 internal shots lifted from https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/fm3-gut-shots.2232087/

1727371690444.jpeg

1727371706194.jpeg

The 3 pedal board is its own PCB. It could be whatever design they want to go with.

Fractal is to complicated to use
Fm3 is to large

Also some on the forum are probably like
View attachment 29358
isnt the point of the ALL IN ONE modeler to have 90% of what you need in amps and effects and such in 1 box? in that respect none of the modelers are too big. Now you guys that want to put in a back pack and ride your bike to gigs still can do it with say fm3?
We went thry this with hotubs as there are so many configurations and sizes.. space saving was important as there is only 2 of us so why get a tub that fits 8 people? so when you put out tub next to those larger ones it looks like a barbie doll tub..but in the line we bought those larger tubs had exactly same pump power and jets but in 600-800 gallons vs ours at 250-300.
I get the space thing but in modelers i would rather have larger if its easier to get around on.

isnt the point of the ALL IN ONE modeler to have 90% of what you need in amps and effects and such in 1 box? in that respect none of the modelers are too big. Now you guys that want to put in a back pack and ride your bike to gigs still can do it with say fm3?
We went thry this with hotubs as there are so many configurations and sizes.. space saving was important as there is only 2 of us so why get a tub that fits 8 people? so when you put out tub next to those larger ones it looks like a barbie doll tub..but in the line we bought those larger tubs had exactly same pump power and jets but in 600-800 gallons vs ours at 250-300.
I get the space thing but in modelers i would rather have larger if its easier to get around on.
fred armisen jacuzzi GIF by IFC

I love that you used the hot tub shopping analogy :rofl

Personally I’m waiting for the next gen hot tubs with a better UI. I’m still good with this

bathing hot tub GIF

I think the size of the FM3 was dictated by the size of the FC6 as they essentially share the same enclosure.
In my mind; the loadbox is smaller than the FM3 and would make for a good housing for the FM0. But I am betting it's a bigger enclosure than what I think.

jurassic park sam neil GIF

AMP GANG ^
Agreed. No idea why it has to be 3 pedals with their own little screens. I’d rather have 5-8 pedals without screens than 3 with.

Here are some FM3 internal shots lifted from https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/fm3-gut-shots.2232087/

View attachment 29394
View attachment 29395

The 3 pedal board is its own PCB. It could be whatever design they want to go with.
I believe it was to simplify their manufacturing by sharing components across their portfolio of products.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back