FM9 : blank/dead switches in View 2

TubeStack

Shredder
I posted this over at the Fractal forum, but it's been OVER 12 hours with no response and I'm getting antsy (similar to @paisleywookiee in his FM3 thread here… :) ).

When I switch to View 2 in Per Preset layout, all the switches have blank labels and can’t be assigned anything (except #7, which is labelled to take you back to View 1, as manual describes it should).

The other labels don’t show “PerPrst#10,” or anything, just three dashes. When I try and assign them something, nothing happens. They seem totally dead.

(Also, switches #4-6 and 8,9 all take you back to View 1, not just switch 7, which seems odd?)

Is there something I need to do to “wake up” the switches in View 2?

Thanks!

What is that and do I do it?
Firmware is the software code that runs your FM9. Updates usually include fixes and expanded options. If having an issue, flashing the firmware may fix them. Great first step in troubleshooting IME.

Go here for the firmware download and look in the owners manual or release notes on the flashing instructions.

Firmware is the software code that runs your FM9. Updates usually include fixes and expanded options. If having an issue, flashing the firmware may fix them. Great first step in troubleshooting IME.

Go here for the firmware download and look in the owners manual or release notes on the flashing instructions.

Thanks, I know what firmware is, I just don’t know how to flash it. :)

Is that another term for update?

This FM9 Turbo is brand new and has latest update, I think.

Cool. Wasn’t sure. Even if has the latest firmware (V3.0 8-15… might want to check your unit). Sometimes reflashing the firmware can help.

I’ll go poke your post on Frackville forum and try to elicit some response.

Sounds like software… But the first thing I think of is a ribbon cable.

I hope it's not a ribbon cable or something. :(

It reminds of me when I got my FM3, all the switches were dead/unlit and there was something I had to do activate/wake them up, but I can't remember what it was.

I hope it's not a ribbon cable or something. :(

It reminds of me when I got my FM3, all the switches were dead/unlit and there was something I had to do activate/wake them up, but I can't remember what it was.
Yeah… There’s no way for me to test as I have an FC12 into a III

Thanks, I know what firmware is, I just don’t know how to flash it. :)

Is that another term for update?

This FM9 Turbo is brand new and has latest update, I think.
No, it’s not another term for update. If you are on the most current version, It is essentially repeating the update process to make sure it sticks and gets programmed correctly. It’s helped me a couple of times.

No, it’s not another term for update. If you are on the most current version, It is essentially repeating the update process to make sure it sticks and gets programmed correctly. It’s helped me a couple of times.

Ah ok, thanks!

See if you can copy a working fs layer onto layer 2. Modify it to what you want and save again.

I’m working on the FM9 itself - I don’t own a computer, if you can believe it. I borrow my wife’s laptop to do L6/Fractal updates once or twice a year… :grin

Is there a way to do that on the unit itself?

I’d add the FM9 to the rotation you do on the wife’s laptop.

Better yet, buy a cheap used laptop dedicated to updating firmware and deep diving via a computer editor/fIrmware updates.

I’d recommend Windows 10, I-5 processor with 8gb of ram. Shouldn’t be too expensive and if you use it at home plugged in, battery life won’t be an issue either. Hard drive size shouldn’t be a issue if this is its primary purpose.

I’m working on the FM9 itself - I don’t own a computer, if you can believe it. I borrow my wife’s laptop to do L6/Fractal updates once or twice a year… :grin

Is there a way to do that on the unit itself?
Not sure. Layout 2 is scenes view per the manual. Might be time to install FM9 edit :cop

:columbo

Don’t know where there’s a list of what can be done on that unit, versus what has to be done in axedit; I’ve heard there are variances.

Put props to you for only working with the box! I rely an editor heavily. :bag

Back