Floyd Rose news.

Eagle

Shredder
Ok so I just got a new R2 nut and it was marked different. No made in Germany cast id. I automatically thought I had been sent a Korean one but just thought I would check because the packaging was that of the German unit. On a bit of research I find this is the new markings and it has been around for a few months. Even though I see these all the time this is the first one with the new ID I have come across .
original-locking-nut-markings-2023
Interesting how long it took to filter through to suppliers.

Last edited:
While we’re on the topic, @Eagle, when retrofitting a Strat with a Floyd, do you prefer to build a shelf for the nut or just route the area down far enough that there’s barely any overhang from the nut, as seen in this vid?

You cut the nut table down to the correct depth and then whatever overhang you end up with is determined by the neck and not in your control. It is fine either way as long as it is rock solid.

7yqpv7.jpg

Here’s the R3 I recently purchased (zero indication of its origin on the packaging). I’ll snap a pic of the 1000 Series R3 I ordered when it arrives:

C6F579CC-F943-4196-AD27-14804F51AA92.jpeg

They have also dropped the made in Germany on the baseplate of the trem. It is still easy to identify the German version because it has cnc saddles and a forged baseplate but why drop “made in Germany “ unless you are planning to stop doing that. This and the fact that the Charvel used FRT1000 has improved considerably in the last couple of years.

This and the fact that the Charvel used FRT1000 has improved considerably in the last couple of years.
My only beef with the one that came factory on my Charvel, other than being chrome, was with the fine tuners. They were very course, had lots of play, and not smooth at all. The ones on rhe FRT200 are like buttah.

They have also dropped the made in Germany on the baseplate of the trem. It is still easy to identify the German version because it has cnc saddles and a forged baseplate but why drop “made in Germany “ unless you are planning to stop doing that. This and the fact that the Charvel used FRT1000 has improved considerably in the last couple of years.

IMG_2464.gif

Back