NGD: Tom Anderson artist build

jonhurleyguitar

Vendor
Whelp. here it is my friends. I would describe this build as "Jon" in a guitar.
this guitar represents all of the blood, sweat and tears I've put into my playing and guitar career over the last three years. I moved to nashville not knowing anyone.. and after three years of woodshedding/playing out, I've played with legends such as Hugh McDonald (Bon Jovi), Brett Carslile (Great White), Tony Harnell (TNT), of course Dylana & Ash from VAIN, Tyler Warren (Queen+ Adam Lambert) and more. I'll also be playing the Rare Hare shows on the Monsters of Rock cruise in a month. All of this to say, this guitar is the first official artist build I spec'ed out myself, my other artist guitars have been loaners that I eventually decide to add to the arsenal because theyre so dang good!
Link to my artist bio here: https://www.andersonguitarworks.com/.../new-artist...
Notable spec:
-Guardian Angel Player, 24 heavy fret, 25.5 scale
-Limba body (Korina) in Olympic White Over Candy Apple blue w/ Matching Headstock
-Caramel Maple Neck, Blackheart Fingerboard, luiminlay side dots
- Locking Schaller floyd rose
- HC3 & HC1 Open face humbuckers

anderson-1.jpg

anderson.jpg

anderson-2.jpg

What's your neck profile?

I have 2 Andersons (Hollow Drop Top and Lil Angel). The Angel has Even C and the DT has Even C -.20", which I like better...

I love the HC3 and HC1 pickups, too.

@jonhurleyguitar Can you tell me a bit more about those pickups and why you decided upon them?

I know nothing about them.

I suppose I could go look them up, but I'd rather hear about them in your own words (from someone that cares about these things) 🙂

@jonhurleyguitar Can you tell me a bit more about those pickups and why you decided upon them?

I know nothing about them.

I suppose I could go look them up, but I'd rather hear about them in your own words (from someone that cares about these things) 🙂
the HC series are alnico humbuckers- which I like the clarity out of them vs ceramic. I'm an articulate shred player so thats what i gravitate for. The HC3 is a high wind alnico, hc1 is a more open neck normal wind.

My Tom Anderson is about to turn 25. I’ve owned it for 20 of those years, and it’s been my number one workhorse. In that time I’ve adjusted the neck once and had it serviced once to fix a short in the piezo bridge system. Hope you have many happy years with yours!

Whelp. here it is my friends. I would describe this build as "Jon" in a guitar.
this guitar represents all of the blood, sweat and tears I've put into my playing and guitar career over the last three years. I moved to nashville not knowing anyone.. and after three years of woodshedding/playing out, I've played with legends such as Hugh McDonald (Bon Jovi), Brett Carslile (Great White), Tony Harnell (TNT), of course Dylana & Ash from VAIN, Tyler Warren (Queen+ Adam Lambert) and more. I'll also be playing the Rare Hare shows on the Monsters of Rock cruise in a month. All of this to say, this guitar is the first official artist build I spec'ed out myself, my other artist guitars have been loaners that I eventually decide to add to the arsenal because theyre so dang good!
Link to my artist bio here: https://www.andersonguitarworks.com/.../new-artist...
Notable spec:
-Guardian Angel Player, 24 heavy fret, 25.5 scale
-Limba body (Korina) in Olympic White Over Candy Apple blue w/ Matching Headstock
-Caramel Maple Neck, Blackheart Fingerboard, luiminlay side dots
- Locking Schaller floyd rose
- HC3 & HC1 Open face humbuckers

View attachment 17537
View attachment 17538
View attachment 17539

Cool guitar (although backwards for me - a lefty)!

Tony Harnell is a killer singer & TNT are a killer band. Ronni Le Tekrø is one of my favorite guitarists and I love his tone back in the mid 80's (cloned it even)! Knights of the New Thunder, Tell No Tales, Intuition etc...

I would love an autograph, pick or whatever from those guys, esp. Ronni...

That’s a wicked guitar. I’ve wanted to spend some time with an Anderson but have never had a good chance to.

D

That is lovely. What's the wiring scheme on this? I have an Angel and I just put in an order for an Angel player. Tom Anderson guitars are just fantastic.

Back