Fender Tone Master Pro: Episode IV - A New Hope

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you want to do separate amp and cab, that's not as straightforward right? You'd need to change to the "amp only" and add a cab block, right?

Multiple cab management also seems pretty cumbersome compared to the competition where even Helix supports a dual cab option.

No, you can change the cab without separating them. You can do it both ways.

Say I’ve got a Deluxe Reverb. If I select the amp and the standard cab it shows on the screen like a DR. If I switch the cab it will show like a DR head sitting on the cab I selected. Or I can select DR head as the amp and there is no cab. Then I can add a cab further down the chain if I want.

The worst limitation with cabs is that each one can only have 1 mic. So if I want to do something like a 57 + r121 I have to use a split path and two cabs side by side. Which eats up space and takes up one of the only 2 split paths available to me.

The worst limitation with cabs is that each one can only have 1 mic. So if I want to do something like a 57 + r121 I have to use a split path and two cabs side by side. Which eats up space and takes up one of the only 2 split paths available to me.
Yeah watching Nathan's video a few posts back, that's the one thing that stuck out. The dual cab management is something Fender could easily improve by just making an updated version of their cab block where you can switch which mic you are moving around and it shows up as two dots on the position grid.

The dots are somewhat ok because at least I know it’s the exact IR they shot (you’d hope) and not some potentially dud IR interpolation. I can’t believe the clicking when you cycle through them though, that feels very weird

Yeah watching Nathan's video a few posts back, that's the one thing that stuck out. The dual cab management is something Fender could easily improve by just making an updated version of their cab block where you can switch which mic you are moving around and it shows up as two dots on the position grid.

Yeah, that would be a huge improvement!

Back