Fender Tone Master Pro: Episode IV - A New Hope

Mensa Quiz:

Which one do you not pick for value?

A) Fender Tone Master Pro $1699.99 USD

B) Fractal Audio FM3 MKII Turbo $999.99 USD

C) Line 6 HX Stomp $649.99 USD
Gordon Ramsey Idiot GIF

It would make zero logical sense for me to do so. I’m beyond stoked with the Fractal stuff I have and am far too used to my workflow with it. But that’s got nothing to do with my thoughts on how Fender rolled out the TMP.
I agree. Just because some/many of us don't intend on buying one in the near future, doesn't mean we can't be interested, and talk about it. I like 911 Turbos, but I drive a fucking Honda.

Also, it's interesting (and telling) that I can ask a legitimate question (what's a typical signal chain on the TMP that causes it to finally choke on DSP?) and yet receive no answer amongst enthusiasts. Maybe eventually that can be answered here instead.

It always breaks down with car analogies. Point being, I won't likely own a Porsche, but I still enjoy talking and reading about them.

Porsche != TMP, Honda !=Fractal. I'm not going to assign car equivalencies, because it'll cause further hurt feelings.

*cough*Fractal is a Ferrari*cough*
I think a more apt analogy might be selling a Hyundai at BMW pricing.

Dude is in Chimaira (sp?). They have been doing some reunion shows. Oddly enough; the thumbnail showed the TMP but he never talked about it or showed in the vid itself. Unless I missed it? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dude is in Chmaria (sp?). They have been doing some reunion shows. Oddly enough; the thumbnail showed the TMP but he never talked about it or showed in the vid itself. Unless I missed it? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You didn't. He's parceling out individual videos for each facet of this fly rig (ENGAGEMENT!!! CONTENT!!).

That's all fine. And the guy certainly can play.
But all that "look at my touring rig" blurb when you simply don't tour anymore is just the same old influencer crap.

He’s got a solo album coming out that I’d assume he’s going to do some touring behind, but he’s also been a fill-in guitarist several times over the years, he’s a known name in modern metal and it’s not an impossibility of reason that he’d be offered a tour in the future, dude’s just preparing.

I’ve got a live rig. I don’t currently play live. Should I call it something else?

He’s got a solo album coming out that I’d assume he’s going to do some touring behind, but he’s also been a fill-in guitarist several times over the years, he’s a known name in modern metal and it’s not an impossibility of reason that he’d be offered a tour in the future, dude’s just preparing.

I’ve got a live rig. I don’t currently play live. Should I call it something else?
Jake Gyllenhaal Reaction GIF

Back