Fender Tone Master Pro: Episode IV - A New Hope

If Cliff himself hadn’t pointed out the lack of SIC usage, and YouTubers hadn’t pointed out the lack of accuracy in their A/B comparisons of the EVH model, those issues would have never seen the light, nor would Fender had been pressured into addressing them. In their eyes, the TMP would have been a total success, save for typical bug fixes and planned addition of models and features.

If i recall correctly, a number of early reviewers pointed out the TMP sounded weird with custom IRs from the get go.

If Cliff himself hadn’t pointed out the lack of SIC usage, and YouTubers hadn’t pointed out the lack of accuracy in their A/B comparisons of the EVH model, those issues would have never seen the light, nor would Fender had been pressured into addressing them. In their eyes, the TMP would have been a total success, save for typical bug fixes and planned addition of models and features.
there were quite a few people asking why it sounded fuckity with IRs before any Charts and Graphs™️ were presented, and one would need some pretty terrible hearing to NOT notice how off the 5153 was on launch.

If i recall correctly, a number of early reviewers pointed out the TMP sounded weird with custom IRs from the get go.
there were quite a few people asking why it sounded fuckity with IRs before any Charts and Graphs™️ were presented, and one would need some pretty terrible hearing to NOT notice how off the 5153 was on launch.
Still have to credit Cliff for taking one for the team, purchasing one, and methodically figuring it out. Saved me from a $1,699 impulse buy.

I may revisit it in the future, but for now, I’m content with the Axe-FX and Helix.

It just shows that the company with more $$ isn’t always more developed

The bigger the company, the more people deciding where the money and labor is allowed to be utilized. Cliff doesn’t have to answer to anybody, so he is free to dig in whenever the inspiration directs him to. Line6 has quite a bit of leeway in that regard, too. It may not be the same with Fender.

Still have to credit Cliff for taking one for the team, purchasing one, and methodically figuring it out. Saved me from a $1,699 impulse buy.

I may revisit it in the future, but for now, I’m content with the Axe-FX and Helix.
I was this close to going with the hype and buying one at launch to see if it was better than the QC. Then it was priced at 1939€ (!!) at Thomann and luckily I skipped it. It dropped in price like a month later by 200€ (!!) or something. Must've been a lovely surprise for the early adopters :rofl

I'm not revisiting it ever. The Power of the ARM©®™ probably isn't all that they're marketing it as. We'll see.

A 2 month delay isn’t nearly as alarming to me as the people who had no problem signing up here to talk shit while defending the TMP being some of the same ones bawling their eyes out. If they like the thing that much, is 60 days going to change all that?

I mean, I shit on some Fractal users for crying, but holy fuck.

It was inevitable though, that transition from attacking anybody who pointed out the shortcomings of the TMP, to whining about those shortcomings themselves. It just took a bit for them to realize that the criticism was legitimate.

I finally read this drama on the other forum and it's true that it's really fascinating. It's clear that when you can write such nonsense, it's time to sell your device. I understand the added value of new firmware, but I don't understand the idea of keeping a device that doesn't suit you, in the hope that one day it will. Unless the aim is to whine on the forums.

Yeah took a look and people initially attacking seem to be coming around to reality :oops:
Surprised Nicolas Cage GIF

I finally read this drama on the other forum and it's true that it's really fascinating. It's clear that when you can write such nonsense, it's time to sell your device. I understand the added value of new firmware, but I don't understand the idea of keeping a device that doesn't suit you, in the hope that one day it will. Unless the aim is to whine on the forums.

If you start from the launch date of the TMP and read through all of the related threads, you can actually see people morphing through the five stages of grief. I don’t think anyone has made it all the way to acceptance yet, but most of them have finally moved past denial.

If you start from the launch date of the TMP and read through all of the related threads, you can actually see people morphing through the five stages of grief. I don’t think anyone has made it all the way to acceptance yet, but most of them have finally moved past denial.
I don't think it's the same people. Some have bought it and have been grumbling from the start.
And personaly, I don't see any need to mourn. This TMP is good enough for my ears. The day I don't like it any more, I'll change.

I was this close to going with the hype and buying one at launch to see if it was better than the QC. Then it was priced at 1939€ (!!) at Thomann and luckily I skipped it. It dropped in price like a month later by 200€ (!!) or something. Must've been a lovely surprise for the early adopters :rofl

I'm not revisiting it ever. The Power of the ARM©®™ probably isn't all that they're marketing it as. We'll see.

Same, I was tempted early on but those early audio tests (especially from @2112 ) pushed me away. I got a QC instead and enjoy it quite a bit.

It's weird how after the initial hype, nobody is talking about TMP anymore. I was digging around the last couple days on YouTube and nothing past the last update (which didn't fix the issue with IR's).

I do think it looks like a really fun and easy to use product, but the sound is most critical.

Back