Fender Tone Master Pro: Episode IV - A New Hope

‘Tis I, SwirlyMapes. Currently watching Satch. Backline: 3 Marshalls. TMP: Don’t see it, but I’m not close enough to the stage to say for sure ;)

Edit: whatever he was using, he sounded great. The Marshalls were live and mic'd/miguel'd, but he did have some kind of smaller floorboard hiding behind his monitor. No idea if it was a TMP or just a few pedals. Steve Vai and Eric Johnson were also there. An awesome show with 3 legends!

IMG_0440.jpeg

Last edited:
‘Tis I, SwirlyMapes. Currently watching Satch. Backline: 3 Marshalls. TMP: Don’t see it, but I’m not close enough to the stage to say for sure ;)

Edit: whatever he was using, he sounded great. The Marshalls were live and mic'd/miguel'd, but he did have some kind of smaller floorboard hiding behind his monitor. No idea if it was a TMP or just a few pedals. Steve Vai and Eric Johnson were also there. An awesome show with 3 legends!

View attachment 18234

I think he's had a separate board with a couple Boss DD's and something else on it for a while now. Just watched a tour rehearsal vid from a few tours back and saw it.

View attachment 18234
COOL...i Have a few MO JOE pickups in my guitars and like that pickup alot by dimarzio

Just checking back in, has the TMP been updated AT ALL since the debut / original firmware update on day one? For a $1700 unit, this is kind-of insane.

Just checking back in, has the TMP been updated AT ALL since the debut / original firmware update on day one? For a $1700 unit, this is kind-of insane.
I believe there was an update back at the end of November.

Friday afternoon play-through with EVH Wolfgang Special Laurel Exotic into Tone Master Pro.

This is the Double Wreck amp model with a pair of 4x12 Mega V30 cabs using different microphones panned L/R.
I’m streaming a no-guitar backing track over Bluetooth from my Macbook to TM Pro and then recording both the guitar (me) and track to my iPhone 13.

And before you LOL about the song choice, the point of this video isn’t about the song. It’s about an identifiable tone for a specific amp. In this case we modeled an early 90s 2-channel Dual Rectifier, just like the one used by Brad Delson of LP. I keep reading comments like “but it can’t do high gain”. This took me maybe 10 minutes to get dialed in.

Get your Nu-Metal on…

Friday afternoon play-through with EVH Wolfgang Special Laurel Exotic into Tone Master Pro.

This is the Double Wreck amp model with a pair of 4x12 Mega V30 cabs using different microphones panned L/R.
I’m streaming a no-guitar backing track over Bluetooth from my Macbook to TM Pro and then recording both the guitar (me) and track to my iPhone 13.

And before you LOL about the song choice, the point of this video isn’t about the song. It’s about an identifiable tone for a specific amp. In this case we modeled an early 90s 2-channel Dual Rectifier, just like the one used by Brad Delson of LP. I keep reading comments like “but it can’t do high gain”. This took me maybe 10 minutes to get dialed in.

Get your Nu-Metal on…

I haven’t heard this song in over a decade, probably longer! Sounds great! How are you tracking on your iPhone? Garage Band?

Edit: That album came out in 2000! Man, I feel old. 😫

I haven’t heard this song in over a decade, probably longer! Sounds great! How are you tracking on your iPhone? Garage Band?

Edit: That album came out in 2000! Man, I feel old. 😫
I'm just using the iOS camera app.

I connect the TMP to the iPhone via USB-C and a Lightning to USB Camera adapter. If you have an iPhone 15 with USB-C you can just use a standard USB cable. It's super easy and then I just edit the start/end points and upload straight to IG.

You’re hearing one stereo track of guitar.

Last edited:
Back