Fender Tone Master FR-10 and FR-12 "FRFR" cabs

Do we have specs on the speaker in these? I am considering trying a Neo 10" in mine. I like to mess with stuff. ;)

Do we have specs on the speaker in these? I am considering trying a Neo 10" in mine. I like to mess with stuff. ;)

150 Watt at 8 Ohms for the main driver.

fr12-driver-side-sticker.jpg

The tweeter is unlabeled on my FR-12, but i did the math and it can't be getting more than 10-15 Watt at full volume, so any half-decent tweeter will do just fine here.

The power amp module is custom built for Fender, and is also the main power supply for the amp. It sits on the bottom of the cabinet behind a metal grill Faraday cage.

Thing is, if that module died, it's basically impossible to get a replacement 😥 Your best bet is a warranty claim with Fender methinks.

Other than that, both the FR-10 and FR-12 are biamped, meaning there's no crossover in place if you want to turn them into a normal cab.

I have the same issue with my FR-12. Started out intermittently cutting out for a day or so, then just stopped powering on altogether. I figure at this point I'm at the mercy of Fender's warranty, so I hope they aren't too investigative since I've already opened it up a few times myself 😅

The good news is, the issue brought me to these forums and ultimately the waitlist for WKSmith's preamp board, so all will be well in the long run

Good choice (y) but note that WKSmith's preamp board will still need the power amp to work - it pulls double duty as a preamp power supply.

Yeah it's now just the struggle of me actually following thru with filing the claim and hoping they don't make too much of a hassle out of it hahaha

Back