Fender Stratocaster: 1954-2024 = 70 years!

Yeah, he kept a couple, two, tree- (note the EMG’s in the one on the right!))

IMG_5763.jpeg

That one is the new go too. He said it was better than that original one but I didn’t play it.

One thing a lot of people don't get with Gilmour is if you really want to nail his subtle whammy vibrato you have to get a short arm like the one he's used forever. It's really evident on that lower right strat in the above picture.

I modded my last Strat with one. Definitely tightens things up a bit.
uvmhvqgx5kq0cualj7k2.jpg

For a second I thought you’d gone all man-bun on us.

I was actually griped that day that my hair was kinda shaggy, my engagement party was the next day and my father in law told me to grow it out so he could style it how I wanted for the wedding and all that blah blah. “I’m gonna have this pic the rest of my life with that shaggy fuckin hair” :rofl

One thing a lot of people don't get with Gilmour is if you really want to nail his subtle whammy vibrato you have to get a short arm like the one he's used forever. It's really evident on that lower right strat in the above picture.

I modded my last Strat with one. Definitely tightens things up a bit.
uvmhvqgx5kq0cualj7k2.jpg

Is the tip pushed all the way down? That looks pretty long, this is the ‘Gilmour bar’ that comes with the Callaham stuff-

IMG_1888.jpeg

And the OG-
IMG_5569.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5569.jpeg
    IMG_5569.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 2
The basic form of the Stratocaster has been around that long, but the technology it uses has changed a little over the years. 3 pickups and 3-way switch was an innovation, but many players liked the “in-between” position so Fender made a 5-way. The original Trem had to be scrapped and redesigned and so forth.

Buddy Holly in the USA and Hank Marvin in the UK deserve some credit for popularizing the instrument for rock-n-roll.

I can’t imagine not having a Strat (I bought an Ultra Luxe a little while ago and love it) – but I am without a Fender amp atm. Likely a Blues Junior, Deluxe or Princeton soon once I figure out which one, or go Tone King.

Curiously, I have no GAS at all for any of the 1954 Limited Edition releases this year. And I’m on the lookout for a maple fretboard Strat – probably in 2025.

Back