Why is the Clapton signature Stratocaster the absolute powerful Humbucker Guitar in the world ?

@likitlikeyoulikeit
Maybe the Monkey guitar is what your thinking as being the red “new boy”
View attachment 26734
Nope......it's the same model...just different color, and some knobs are different. So hard to keep track of some stuff....was just asking.

20240817_112548.jpg

I used to hate SGs. But after playing one at a friends place last year, I want one. Was extremely light, pretty fat neck, neck humbucker worked surprisingly well on cleans without any tweaks, bridge humbucker had an incredibly nice punchy, almost semi-acoustic percussive character. Couldn't say I ever had a guitar in my hands combining all that before. And unfortunately most SGs aren't like that, either.

I used to hate SGs. But after playing one at a friends place last year, I want one. Was extremely light, pretty fat neck, neck humbucker worked surprisingly well on cleans without any tweaks, bridge humbucker had an incredibly nice punchy, almost semi-acoustic percussive character. Couldn't say I ever had a guitar in my hands combining all that before. And unfortunately most SGs aren't like that, either.
IMO, it's all about how thin the finish is...the rawness of the wood. I have always preferred the natural finish SGs over the painted ones ...not a fan of binding, especially in Gibsons....so when you got that route ...you narrow it down to just a few examples.....those usually have that character you are talking about, especially with the 50s neck.

They are much ridiculed, as seen here, but I love them beautiful bastards with all my heart.

That said...I wouldn't mind a baritone example from a different manufacturer, with common sense revisions for the modern player....such as LTD/ESP.

IMO, it's all about how thin the finish is...the rawness of the wood. I have always preferred the natural finish SGs over the painted ones ...not a fan of binding, especially in Gibsons....so when you got that route ...you narrow it down to just a few examples.....those usually have that character you are talking about, especially with the 50s neck.

Dunno. From my experience, the finish does rather little to the tone. The one my mate has is lacquered, don't know what laquer and how thick, though.

They are much ridiculed, as seen here, but I love them beautiful bastards with all my heart.
I'm probably in a very small minority, because I don't like the look of an SG at all. But an EDS 1275..., I love those! Which is essentially a double-neck SG. Go figure. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Maybe it has to do with the ones who've played them? :sofa:rofl

But between Jimmy Page, Alex Lifeson, Don Felder, and Frank Hannon... :chef

I've owned maybe six SGs over the years, but they're just not my thing. Still, the necks on early 60s SG Specials are spectacular.

The very first guitar I ever lusted after was the SG, due to being a huge fan of the Who and PT back in the early 70s during my formative early guitar playing years. I've got... hm, lemme see... 5 right now: PT 50th Anniversary SG Special, 1998 SG Standard, 1971 SG200 (which I purchased in 1972), 2015 SG Standard, 2021 Epi '61 Les Paul (SG) reissue. I think that's all...

Back on the original subject: I also have a Clapton Strat, bought it used locally, I think 2004, neck was shot so swapped it out for a Warmoth standard Strat replacement necks, very versatile guitar, one of my faves.

Back