" Feel " ...... FM3 -vs- Helix ..... thoughts (?)

I sat down to learn songs for a gig this Saturday but end up doing noodling around messing with my Hx Stomp, UA Lion and a ToneX One. :bag:bonk

The UA and ToneX (with the right capture) have a certain bounce the HX is just uncapable to match. It's like the HX is a very very stiff trampoline, not really as fun as the other ones. The UA still has a thing, a sense of realness I still miss from everything I tried with the ToneX.

It's not like the HX sucks, I have tones dialed in I'm perfectly capable to live with, but at the end of the day it's just not as good.

I hear what you're saying. I think I mentioned earlier in this thread I go by what I want to keep playing, and I have barely touched HX modeling for a while now. Just don't enjoy it as much.

One thing on the feel side, I have a Blackstar Amped 1 that I use as a SS power amp, and there's a "Response" knob with a bunch of different tube options. This seems to change both the tone and feel a bit. So if I go from linear to KT88, there's a much deeper low end, a little more presence, and a little dip in the mids.

Back