Eventide H90 then???

As a fan of Strymon pedals, I refuse to buy a Sunset or whatever the other one’s called. Ew. I paid a ridiculous amount of money for my analog drives, thank you very much.
Real OCD always wins out. Both the pedal and the mental affliction :clint

As a fan of Strymon pedals, I refuse to buy a Sunset or whatever the other one’s called. Ew. I paid a ridiculous amount of money for my analog drives, thank you very much.
IMHO you shouldn’t easily pass the Strymon stuff off without trying them. Never played the Sunset but I really like the Riverside

FAS SD1 is also good. Most of the drives are really good, I've found. But nothing has replaced my Keeley Fuzz Head.
Yep I still prefer analog drives for sure and have a spent good money on them but the digital ones aren’t that bad. I could easily take my Helix and use it in 4cm with its drives into my amps instead of my traditional board. Would I prefer it? No but it’s not like OMG that’s bad.

It's decent. I prefer the FAS one though. I don't really like any of the other FAS drives on their own.
Absolutely. People have preferences but I tended to not like any of the Fractal ones but the Helix drives for me were better but to each his own.

I get the aversion to digital drives with an amp setup, but with a modeler??? What does it matter at that point to add a few more 1’s and 0’s into the mix?

I think the Strymon Riverside is the best of the digital drives I’ve used personally. Not maybe the most unique tonally, but it does cover a ridiculous amount of ground and very well. (demoed a Sunset but never owned one)

This Is Fine GIF

Back