Eventide H90 then???

Honestly, this is looking maybe perfect for me, if I'm looking to move on from the FM9 to something smaller and simpler for effects only. Either in 4cm or just in post...

I've kind of moved on from experimenting with amp modelling and am back to just using my Mesa and the FM9's (amazing) effects. And I absolutely LOVE all the Fractal effects. It's just such a big and heavy unit and greatly increases my board's weight and size... however having all those switches is really nice.... agghh, I'm torn.

As a fan of Strymon pedals, I refuse to buy a Sunset or whatever the other one’s called. Ew. I paid a ridiculous amount of money for my analog drives, thank you very much.
Real OCD always wins out. Both the pedal and the mental affliction :clint

As a fan of Strymon pedals, I refuse to buy a Sunset or whatever the other one’s called. Ew. I paid a ridiculous amount of money for my analog drives, thank you very much.
IMHO you shouldn’t easily pass the Strymon stuff off without trying them. Never played the Sunset but I really like the Riverside

FAS SD1 is also good. Most of the drives are really good, I've found. But nothing has replaced my Keeley Fuzz Head.
Yep I still prefer analog drives for sure and have a spent good money on them but the digital ones aren’t that bad. I could easily take my Helix and use it in 4cm with its drives into my amps instead of my traditional board. Would I prefer it? No but it’s not like OMG that’s bad.

It's decent. I prefer the FAS one though. I don't really like any of the other FAS drives on their own.
Absolutely. People have preferences but I tended to not like any of the Fractal ones but the Helix drives for me were better but to each his own.

I get the aversion to digital drives with an amp setup, but with a modeler??? What does it matter at that point to add a few more 1’s and 0’s into the mix?

I think the Strymon Riverside is the best of the digital drives I’ve used personally. Not maybe the most unique tonally, but it does cover a ridiculous amount of ground and very well. (demoed a Sunset but never owned one)

Back