Eventide H90 then???

I kinda want a Jeff, to see if it's worth the hype.
Once I got the Archer I quit on the Klon thing even after playing my friends KTR. Never heard of a Jeff.

Speaking of great sounding drives the PRS Horsemeat sounds great and with all the butthurt the name is causing at TGP I actually like the name now.

Once I got the Archer I quit on the Klon thing even after playing my friends KTR. Never heard of a Jeff.

Speaking of great sounding drives the PRS Horsemeat sounds great and with all the butthurt the name is causing at TGP I actually like the name now.
I'm interested in that compressor actually. Though giving that much board space for a compressor is something I would have to work on :hmm :rofl

I'm interested in that compressor actually. Though giving that much board space for a compressor is something I would have to work on :hmm :rofl
I hear ya! Once I heard the Horsemeat I went back to the store and tried the Mary Cries and it is fantastic. Both pedals came home for my studio. The size is a factor for some but in my studio pedal size isn’t a concern.

$100 a knob!

A growing trend!

giphy.gif

This looks super cool!

Then I saw it costs $900 and only runs two simultaneous effects...and then looked over at my FM3.

I’ve never used an H9 and don’t know much about Eventide stuff, but from what I’ve read, an algorithm can have more than one effect in it?

Someone at TGP said running two algorithms could mean 8 effects at once?

Alreeady sold out in Canada, haha.

I'm not ready to bail on the FM9 yet, anyway.

But definitely interested in the H90.

That’s correct.

Can someone walk me through that? Leon gave it a good go explaining, but I’m still fuzzy on the hierarchy, or how that many effects could run simultaneously.

Program = Two algorithms

Algorithm = An effect

Preset = Settings in an algorithm (effect)

Can someone walk me through that? Leon gave it a good go explaining, but I’m still fuzzy on the hierarchy, or how that many effects could run simultaneously.

Program = Two algorithms

Algorithm = An effect

Preset = Settings in an algorithm (effect)
Each algorithm can be 1-4 effects(at least with the H9).

A good way to think of the H90/H9 algorithms is that they consist of several effect "blocks" that have been curated/restrained/customized to achieve a particular overall sound.

A lot of algorithms are indeed a single effect "block" like you'd find on a FAS or Line 6 device (most of the straightforward delay/verb/mod types) but there's plenty of algorithms that would take several blocks on another device to recreate. Undulator (Plex -> Trem), Pitchfuzz (Distortion -> Pitch -> Delay), Modechoverb (Chorus/Flanger, Delay & reverb in series or parallel) are some examples that come to mind.

Then you've got the Eventide "signature tones" thing like the H910/H949, SP2016, Instant Phaser/Flanger and new things like PrismShift where you play a note or a chord and you get wild results.

I'm working on a video demo with the H90 and FM3 together and there's pretty cool pre/post possibilities. H90 for Polypitch up front and stereo reverb at end of chain, with the verb mixed in parallel, would be straightforward to implement and only add one extra A/D conversion to the core "dry" tone as an example. it is nearly as expensive as a whole new FM3 so I see it as more of a luxury add-on than a core essential in that setup, but variety is the spice of life right?

Yikes it's expensive here in Europe. You can totally tell Pete is stoked about it in his video, sounds amazing.

A good way to think of the H90/H9 algorithms is that they consist of several effect "blocks" that have been curated/restrained/customized to achieve a particular overall sound.

A lot of algorithms are indeed a single effect "block" like you'd find on a FAS or Line 6 device (most of the straightforward delay/verb/mod types) but there's plenty of algorithms that would take several blocks on another device to recreate. Undulator (Plex -> Trem), Pitchfuzz (Distortion -> Pitch -> Delay), Modechoverb (Chorus/Flanger, Delay & reverb in series or parallel) are some examples that come to mind.

Then you've got the Eventide "signature tones" thing like the H910/H949, SP2016, Instant Phaser/Flanger and new things like PrismShift where you play a note or a chord and you get wild results.

I'm working on a video demo with the H90 and FM3 together and there's pretty cool pre/post possibilities. H90 for Polypitch up front and stereo reverb at end of chain, with the verb mixed in parallel, would be straightforward to implement and only add one extra A/D conversion to the core "dry" tone as an example. it is nearly as expensive as a whole new FM3 so I see it as more of a luxury add-on than a core essential in that setup, but variety is the spice of life right?

This is a great explanation, thank you. :beer

Back