Eventide H90 then???

Not gonna lie, was using it tonight and loving it. It has some problems though that really piss me off - the delay timings when using a+b "series" routing mode are just completely incorrect, and they can't fix it because of their architectural limitations.

And then there is no nice saturation possibilities like there is on the Timeline for instance.... so when I do my oscillation delay stuff, it just quickly turns into nasty horrible s**t, which is a real shame, because in all other respects it is the perfect pedal.

The TC Flashback X4 II is actually really impressive tonally. Noise floor is very good, and the under the hood editing on desktop allows you to really craft your pants off.

I do honestly think these pedals give the H90 delays a run for their money. It's a pedal... not meant to save the world or anything!! I bought it coz it's a wicked swiss army knife pedal, I wasn't expecting blowjobs!

How did they screw up the serial delays? That’s one of my main delay sounds, taking the dd500 off the list of stuff I was interested to check out…

D

Works fine on mine.
No it doesn't.

How did they screw up the serial delays? That’s one of my main delay sounds, taking the dd500 off the list of stuff I was interested to check out…

D
Take two Boss DD7's (for example). Run one into the other.

Now.... connect an FS5U to the tempo input of each pedal, so you can tap the tempo on both.

Now... set the first pedal to 800 mode, so your tap tempo is a dotted eighth note.
Now... set the second pedal to 3200 mode, so your tap tempo is a quarter note.

Set the feedback on each to 2pm. Set the mix on each to noon.

Pluck a note.

Observe the resulting delay timing you get.

NOW.....

Do the same on the DD-500, with a/b simul mode enabled, and delays running in series. You get a completely different and completely incorrect delay time. It absolutely does NOT work like two delay pedals in series.

I fucking pinky-promise you that it is borked, and the Boss rep on the DD500 Facebook group confirmed it, and said it wasn't possible to fix because of the pedals architecture. I'm fairly sure (if I remember correctly) it is down to the dry-thru.

So, you were wrong?

Season 2 Omg GIF by The Office
The series settings I use work but they are pretty basic.

It may not do things properly on setting’s I don’t use . But it sounds better than the H90 and H9 on the settings I do . Dry through is important to me. When I had the H9 I had to put it in a parallel loop. I like Eventide stuff usually but the h9 and h90 are just not great sounding IMO .

@Eagle out of interest when you use series mode on the DD500, what settings are you using? Mine was just an example. The delay times are calculated incorrectly for all modes, and all timings and subdivisions.

To be fair, I’ve never had an issue with the DD-500 either, mostly because I’ve got no idea what you guys are talking about. 😂 series mode? Is that a setting on the dial? I haven’t had mine for awhile, so I seriously don’t remember.

There's a series / parallel mode inside the menu of the dd-500, md-500 and rv-500 when you run it in dual mode aka using 2 effects at once.

@Eagle out of interest when you use series mode on the DD500, what settings are you using? Mine was just an example. The delay times are calculated incorrectly for all modes, and all timings and subdivisions.
I set one dark and a bit like reverb and the other 330sm ish and to sound like a 2290. But often I just use a reverb unit. I used to do this on my Timefactor and it sounded great.

To be fair, I’ve never had an issue with the DD-500 either, mostly because I’ve got no idea what you guys are talking about. 😂 series mode? Is that a setting on the dial? I haven’t had mine for awhile, so I seriously don’t remember.
Some guys like one delay feeding into another so you’d run two delays in serie. I do it sometimes where I do a quarter delay run series into a dotted eighth delay. As they trail out they start to wash together. In parallel you’d avoid the washing together more.

The bouquet delay in the H90 does the crusty oscillation thing so well. While beta testing I learned they used one of my old videos demonstrating self oscillation on the BOSS DM-2 as a reference for the lo-fi mode, which was a happy coincidence.

The bouquet delay in the H90 does the crusty oscillation thing so well. While beta testing I learned they used one of my old videos demonstrating self oscillation on the BOSS DM-2 as a reference for the lo-fi mode, which was a happy coincidence.
aside from running 2 algos at once, is there a significant bump up here from an H9?

aside from running 2 algos at once, is there a significant bump up here from an H9?

62 algorithms right now in h90 compared to 52 in H9, also they're not putting anymore in H9. You know H90 will be supported for a long time with new algorithms and features, and 2 algo's at once of course. Sharc (H9) vs ARM (H90) chips. I think all of that is a big bump up.

62 algorithms right now in h90 compared to 52 in H9, also they're not putting anymore in H9. You know H90 will be supported for a long time with new algorithms and features, and 2 algo's at once of course. Sharc (H9) vs ARM (H90) chips. I think all of that is a big bump up.
We are waiting impatiently for the new algorithms to hit the H9000. How in the hell a 900 dollar pedal gets new algorithms before the flagship 8k dollar processor is a head scratcher. I adore Eventide and always support and sing their praises, but the H9000 should have had these before anything.

Back