ENGL Special Edition: Founders Edition

I just wish amps these days weren't $3500+. I feel like they are pricing themselves out of the market. But this does seem to have all the bells and whistles!

Even though I have owned some of the really popular Mesa Boogie amps like the Mark V 90, Tremoverb head and matching cab, and a Mark III I have not paid more than 2k for any of them because I don't need to spend a shit ton of money to get great tone and feel. The Sonzera 50 head I just got is a perfect example. They go for about 600-700 on the used market. I have an Marshall Origin 50 head inbound that is in new condish and I paid 400 bucks for it. I guarantee it will be awesome with a couple pedals. I did pay close to 3500 for a Bad Cat Hot Cat 30r once upon a time and ended up hating it. Luckily I got most my money back on that.

I stopped paying attention to badges and logos (to an extent) many years ago.

It's obscene honestly

They made a more intelligently designed one, but its been "temporarily out of stock" in the boogie store for forever. Back in May support told me that a work order was in to build "about a dozen more with the remaining parts check back in about 5 weeks. There will not be a preorder"

I've tried to check fairly frequently and unless they came and went super fast I don't think they've been made yet

fc.rs_002__27053.1479514684.jpg
Does it have midi? You could go that route maybe? I actually dig the 6 button VII switch but most of the functions I don't use so no real reason to hook it up.

Man the SE-FE could be my last amp. That and a Hagen are about all I GAS for. My Savage MKII will be here today and I have the Engl Smolski which is a slightly tweaked PowerBall II, so adding the SE I’d pretty much have all the Engl one would ever need.

Man the SE-FE could be my last amp. That and a Hagen are about all I GAS for. My Savage MKII will be here today and I have the Engl Smolski which is a slightly tweaked PowerBall II, so adding the SE I’d pretty much have all the Engl one would ever need.
You should definitely order one! (y)

Just one question: are you married?

Back