ENGL Special Edition: Founders Edition

Yas Omg GIF by O&O, Inc

Of course I do! :beer

Apart from the MIDI and Cab Clone it is a more full featured and diverse amp than the VII. And by
quite a ways when you consider the Modes, Tube Rectification, and Power-=scaling features they
didn't includee on the VII.

I think in time people will learn to appreciate the V more. Now the III and IV and gaining IIC+ status.
The VII is the shiny new thing. This happens with gear where the not old enough yet and not new enough
stuff gets lost like a Middle Child in a big family.

The V is just one of the best amps ever made. Period. Not my fault most people have yet to catch
on. That's on them, not me. :LOL:

For the record, have owned multiple IVs and a couple of IIIs in my time on Earth.

Go buy yourselves a Mark V already people. I am telling you. $1750-$2000 all day long, and it
won't last. One of the best deals on the tube amp market right now. But these days are fleeting! :hmm
I'm guessing first price increases start to show up not long after Oct 1.

Next year between Q1 and Q2 will likely be an entirely new level of stupid pricing.

Get what you can soon and be prepared to be hold/wait for the next purchase for quite a while.

Seems strange that Ola's video and a blurb on the official ENGL website is the only evidence of this amp existing on the entire internet.

I wonder if ENGL watched the idiotic Mesa Mark VII reveal where the 1st wave of videos were entirely made up of primarily clean to light-gain only players who had never even heard of Mesa Mark amps and had no idea how to even begin to dial them, so ENGL decided they didn't want any part of that and only gave their amp to one guy they knew would make it sound good.

This is giving the MKVII a run for its money in ease of use and minimalism.

Nah, the ENGL is simple and intuitive compared to any Mark. Sure the ENGL has a lot of switchable options and channels, but for any single available sound, the controls are as straightforward as a JCM 800 plus a few toggle switches. For any given sound, you've got Gain, Tone Stack, Presence, Volume. Then basically a handful of "more/less mids, bass, or gain" switches.

The Mark VII is way more complicated by comparison. Anybody who has ever tried to get most guitar players to understand that "an amp can have not just one but two EQ sections, one before and one after gain staging" knows it would require about the same amount of effort to get them to understand quantum rocket surgery in Latin.

Last edited:
Nah, the ENGL is simple and intuitive compared to any Mark. Sure the ENGL has a lot of switchable options and channels, but for any single available sound, the controls are as straightforward as a JCM 800 plus a few toggle switches. For any given sound, you've got Gain, Tone Stack, Presence, Volume. Then basically a handful of "more/less mids, bass, or gain" switches.

The Mark VII is way more complicated by comparison. Anybody who has ever tried to get most guitar players to understand that "an amp can have not just one but two EQ sections, one before and one after gain staging" knows it would require about the same amount of effort to get them to understand quantum rocket surgery in Latin.
I wasn't being sarcastic? I'm holding out for an 8 channel beast.

Jesus christ a FS post of a Roadster half stack on the Boogie group FB page showed up a few minutes ago. That footswitch makes the TU-1000 look like a mini pedal :oops: :rofl

It's obscene honestly

They made a more intelligently designed one, but its been "temporarily out of stock" in the boogie store for forever. Back in May support told me that a work order was in to build "about a dozen more with the remaining parts check back in about 5 weeks. There will not be a preorder"

I've tried to check fairly frequently and unless they came and went super fast I don't think they've been made yet

fc.rs_002__27053.1479514684.jpg

Back