Do Something - Season Three - Week TuTu!

Iron1

Shredder
TGF Recording Artist
Season Three is one week deep!

kermit-windstorm.gif

Welcome to Week TuTu - as in @Alex Kenivel is going to take a used Tutu and some worn out 1950s era football cleats and write a ballet quality symphony with it. Maybe. You have been warned. Again, maybe.

Here's what's going on so far:

Regular weekly/bi-weekly challenge:

TJontheRoad - 1
Whizzinby - 1
T Gobbs - 2!!!!!!!!!!!
Sleezy E - 1
Iron1 - 1
Alex Kenivel - 1

@EveryoneElse - slackers

That's 7 pieces of music that didn't exist prior to this challenge season. Way to go!

The rest of TGF combined:
200.gif

TGF Do Something Season Two BANDMATE CHAMPION:

>crickets<
(Some collabs are simmering, but nada yet...)

Ok, time to get going with Week TUTU!

giphy.gif

Congrats to all who have participated already!

For all the rules, reasons why the USD has fallen out of favor to be replaced by Stomp Bucks, why Corporate Rock is the walk up music of parasitic vultures, how to win an authentic Revdrucifer autographed nose goblin(TM), why record labels suck and other such non-existent musings, please refer to the Week One thread.

Ok, so not sure where this one went... but it went somewhere. :rofl
My original intention was a psycho speed blues track but I scraped that and changed directions yesterday. Now it's more punkish and an instrumental guitar wankery of sorts.:eek: I was going for a live room type of feel, and threw in some psychedelics along the way.

Beyond this challenge, I've set up my own personal challenge and that is to record these tracks here under a gear theme. For now I'm sticking with color as a theme. It gives me (or forces on me) a creative direction I may not have gone otherwise.

My first theme is Red. I had to use each of these pedals in the track at some point, and they're all running through the Vox DA5 (I shit you not!).

Signal chain is:
•Partscaster>Morley Wah>Richochet>Mystic Edge>Vox DA5>line out>HoF>R.Neve DI into Motu M4.
•Studio One 6
•Metallurgy Modern (cab sim. only) for bass and guitar
•SD3 drums
•Bass guitar (is not red:cry:) running thru same chain.

red-setup-song1.jpeg

SoundCloud did this track no justice... especially with the high-end and cymbals ugh, and robbed a bit of the openness.:cop
But for now it is what it be.

Took the reigns from The Borg Neutron for all EQ'ing and modified the EQ'ing from Ozone. Trying my best to start taming the buildup in the upper frequencies which they seem to hype and get extremely loose and washy after enduring the SoundCloud Treatment.TM

Was going to end it around three minutes or so, but a week without distortion is a week lost. :ROFLMAO: Finally did some volume automation, the fade out is still super rough between parts at the end but I may one day actually figure out how to do that passably.

Wanted to call this "Bella and Edward Under The Gazebo" but my wife already thinks I'm a dork.

Last edited:
I’m a day late and a dollar short… Easily… lol - probably three more days on my week one submission. So should I put it in week two?

King Of The Hill Eating GIF
Week one is over. Stop living in the past. Get with the times! Come on man, keep up! We all have regrets, things we wish we'd done differently, poor decisions we can't undo, therapy appointments, warrants out for ou... errr... probably shouldn't mention that... anyhoo... yes, post it here, not there.

Back home from the family trip, now I need a vacation. Feels good to have a good guitar and my usual equipment but I decided to go against the grain and record this week's submission with a See and Say I need to bring back to work, the top of a pineapple I didn't eat, a no named strat copy I stole from an elementary school, an empty 6 pack of Mr. Pibb and my old Yak Bak 2.

I could blame the mix on Soundcloud but I'll man up and admit that I used a MIDI Drum "Song" from Addictive Drums, blindly used presets and pushed this one out in just a few hours this afternoon :bag

My original intention was a psycho speed blues track but I scraped that and changed directions yesterday. Now it's more punkish and an instrumental guitar wankery of sorts.:eek: I was going for a live room type of feel, and threw in some psychedelics along the way.

Beyond this challenge, I've set up my own personal challenge and that is to record these tracks here under a gear theme. For now I'm sticking with color as a theme. It gives me (or forces on me) a creative direction I may not have gone otherwise.

My first theme is Red. I had to use each of these pedals in the track at some point, and they're all running through the Vox DA5 (I shit you not!).

Signal chain is:
•Partscaster>Morley Wah>Richochet>Mystic Edge>Vox DA5>line out>HoF>R.Neve DI into Motu M4.
•Studio One 6
•SD3 drums

View attachment 9154

SoundCloud did this track no justice... especially with the high-end and cymbals ugh, and robbed a bit of the openness.:cop

this was a fun listen, great job!

Took the reigns from The Borg Neutron for all EQ'ing and modified the EQ'ing from Ozone. Trying my best to start taming the buildup in the upper frequencies which they seem to hype and get extremely loose and washy after enduring the SoundCloud Treatment.TM

Was going to end it around three minutes or so, but a week without distortion is a week lost. :ROFLMAO: Finally did some volume automation, the fade out is still super rough between parts at the end but I may one day actually figure out how to do that passably.

Wanted to call this "Bella and Edward Under The Gazebo" but my wife already thinks I'm a dork.

Great Satan, that mix is making me feel small :sofa

Back home from the family trip, now I need a vacation. Feels good to have a good guitar and my usual equipment but I decided to go against the grain and record this week's submission with a See and Say I need to bring back to work, the top of a pineapple I didn't eat, a no named strat copy I stole from an elementary school, an empty 6 pack of Mr. Pibb and my old Yak Bak 2.

I could blame the mix on Soundcloud but I'll man up and admit that I used a MIDI Drum "Song" from Addictive Drums, blindly used presets and pushed this one out in just a few hours this afternoon :bag

I dig it!(y)

I could blame the mix on Soundcloud but I'll man up
Stare Staring GIF

Signal chain is:
•Studio One 6
•SD3 drums

View attachment 9154

Love the creative boundaries you put in place then worked within. Killer stuff!

Well, hopefully your wife also thinks you're a talented dork. Need an album full of this.

Man... I wish I could play half-eaten pineapple top like that. :idk

Love the creative boundaries you put in place then worked within. Killer stuff!
Thanks Iron!
It was fun to do, and I do better working this way it seems. It keeps me from going too far off. Nothing worse than taking too much time and losing the vibe.

Signal chain is:
•Studio One 6
•SD3 drums

View attachment 9154

Good God! I love creative mixes and approaches. Great playing, too. :chef

I’m a day late and a dollar short… Easily… lol - probably three more days on my week one submission. So should I put it in week two?

King Of The Hill Eating GIF
I'm right there with you. Got the new battery in the MBP, but still didn't have enough time to put something together.

That thing was so swollen it took me less than 10 mins to get the adhesive to let go of the 6 cells and install the new one.

Honestly, I need the midi keyboard controller to do what I want, I'm not going to attempt the QWERTY chords and octave shifting, piece-parting out clips and then arrange them. That would make editing drums on the piano roll seem like a treat.

At work, came up with some chords and recorded a quickie to remember it tomorrow.

Ambient pad: Children playing in backyard
Guitar used: Gwen
Some reverb on the chords and compression/tape Saturation on the fumbling melody line.

Already came up with some words "stewed moose and poodle juice" from one of the silly answers I give the children when they ask what lunch is.

Back