TGF Do Something Challenge 2024 - Season Two - Week Three

#original_song

OK, here is my first of three, all done during week three of season 2 ;~)) Sorry they are being posted a few minutes late, but I was working on the artwork ;~))

This song ("Lyricitis") was written because of a thread started here on the forum about "lyric police" and how some people HATE certain catch phrase lyrics that are all too common! As folk listed their most hated phrases, I figured, why not do a song with all the stuff people hate ;~)) I will be revising it down the road with input that was not available at the time of this draft, and I will certainly be improving on the song structure and delivery. This is a second take ever of this song, so plenty of warts and some parts not totally fleshed out yet, but wanted to share what I found very amusing to write and play!

Lyricitis_2024May25_3000x3000.jpg
Most of these lyrics were taken from, or referenced posts on, the Lyric police thread! I hope nobody is offended, all in good fun of course ;~))

Lyricitis - Copyright May 23, 2024 - ANO Publishing, LLC - All Rights Reserved

<Verse 1>
Break the chains
Tear down the walls
Love is all you need
Pick me up when I fall

Shotgun truck
That girl I fucked
Told me what she heard
Gettin' her hair cut

<Chorus>
And so the lyric police
In a fit of anger
Display their disapproval
Of the words of arrangers

Tellin' you that you should
Hate those strangers
Because they used words
Trigerring fragile dangers

<Verse 2>
All I wanna say
Da doo doo doo
Do you hate that song
Am I a bit like you

Fire and desire
With a Fuzzy Ace
I'm gonna write a song
With the words we hate

<Chorus>
And so the lyric police
In a fit of anger

Hate those strangers
Because they used words

<Bridge>
Rise my friend
Shun the haters
Falling into grace
Ain't gonna do no favors
Ashes float
To another world
But what about the swine
And the cast of pearls

<Verse 3>
It could be worse
Please stop the rain
Sick and tired of hearin'
Bout the gravy trains

Breakin' the law
As the levee breaks
Cuttin like a knife
Is what is at stake

<Outro>
And then the lyric police
In a fit of anger

Hate those strangers
Because they used words

Last edited:
#original_songs - 2 entries in this post

Here is a couple of SUAPYG's from this week. These are a 4-5 minute jam I do at the beginning of some sessions. Just guitar and cajon. One is from May 22, 2024 and the other May 24, 2024. I have one pretty much every day I play, but they usually sound so much the same that I don't do anyting with them. I thought these two were a bit out of my normal CAGED experience (though they are still nothing more that, just a bit different than others I have posted based on my recollection). Anyway, here are these 2 entries ;~))

SUAPYG_1716446297_1200x1200.jpg

SUAPYG_1716607646_1200X1200.jpg

I've got some listening to do!
It's been a crazy week with work and my Mom's been in the hospital so playing music has taken a backseat.
Hopefully things will settle down a bit next week.
I feel ya' Brother! My Mom had 3 surgeries last year and two scheduled for this year if she can pass some tests that allow them to do said surgeries (all heart related)!! Puts a lot of stress on the mind and soul!!! Best wishes to you and your Mom ;~))

Back