Do Something - Season Three - Week TuTu!

Whelp.. spent hours yesterday trying to come up with verse and chorus melodies...

Then I gave up and fiddled with a synth part on the verses and added a flangey thing behind the guitars on the chorus parts.

Then, finally a little inspirado struck for a chorus line.. not sure on the exact words yet, but it's a good place holder imo. Next week I'll try the for the verses again.

Threw this together just to have an entry this week:

Game Show Mini Golf GIF by ABC Network

Am I doing this right ?

It's funny you ask. Right when I clicked play my audio interface bugged out and made everything sounded the wrong bitrate, slow and choppy. I was gonna say "maybe you aren't?" until I confirmed the issue on my end :ROFLMAO:

Giving me Iommi vibes, especially within the first 30 seconds.

It's funny you ask. Right when I clicked play my audio interface bugged out and made everything sounded the wrong bitrate, slow and choppy. I was gonna say "maybe you aren't?" until I confirmed the issue on my end :ROFLMAO:

Giving me Iommi vibes, especially within the first 30 seconds.
I've seen my Focusrite 2i2 do that.

What causes that ?

:unsure:

Ok, so not sure where this one went... but it went somewhere. :rofl
My original intention was a psycho speed blues track but I scraped that and changed directions yesterday. Now it's more punkish and an instrumental guitar wankery of sorts.:eek: I was going for a live room type of feel, and threw in some psychedelics along the way.

Beyond this challenge, I've set up my own personal challenge and that is to record these tracks here under a gear theme. For now I'm sticking with color as a theme. It gives me (or forces on me) a creative direction I may not have gone otherwise.

My first theme is Red. I had to use each of these pedals in the track at some point, and they're all running through the Vox DA5 (I shit you not!).

Signal chain is:
•Partscaster>Morley Wah>Richochet>Mystic Edge>Vox DA5>line out>HoF>R.Neve DI into Motu M4.
•Studio One 6
•Metallurgy Modern (cab sim. only) for bass and guitar
•SD3 drums
•Bass guitar (is not red:cry:) running thru same chain.

View attachment 9154

SoundCloud did this track no justice... especially with the high-end and cymbals ugh, and robbed a bit of the openness.:cop
But for now it is what it be.

Solid rocking brother ... big grin here

Took the reigns from The Borg Neutron for all EQ'ing and modified the EQ'ing from Ozone. Trying my best to start taming the buildup in the upper frequencies which they seem to hype and get extremely loose and washy after enduring the SoundCloud Treatment.TM

Was going to end it around three minutes or so, but a week without distortion is a week lost. :ROFLMAO: Finally did some volume automation, the fade out is still super rough between parts at the end but I may one day actually figure out how to do that passably.

Wanted to call this "Bella and Edward Under The Gazebo" but my wife already thinks I'm a dork.

Nicely done - appreciate the comments on the treble - really shines.

One day I'm gonna have to learn what you do with this clean rhythms juice - so drippy yummy.

(I'm overcooking everything in the crispys 'cuz I can't hear anymore ...)

Last edited:
At work, came up with some chords and recorded a quickie to remember it tomorrow.

Ambient pad: Children playing in backyard
Guitar used: Gwen
Some reverb on the chords and compression/tape Saturation on the fumbling melody line.

Already came up with some words "stewed moose and poodle juice" from one of the silly answers I give the children when they ask what lunch is.

Awesome

Whelp.. spent hours yesterday trying to come up with verse and chorus melodies...

Then I gave up and fiddled with a synth part on the verses and added a flangey thing behind the guitars on the chorus parts.

Then, finally a little inspirado struck for a chorus line.. not sure on the exact words yet, but it's a good place holder imo. Next week I'll try the for the verses again.

Solid groove man - love it, reminds of early 80s alt rock - very cool

sick!

Threw this together just to have an entry this week:

No Happy Happy Joy Joy cover?

Listened to this before reading and wasn't expecting a chorus to interrupt my singing! Interested to see how close your verse will be to what I just verbally diarrhea'd.

Just shoving this over the line …

Now I can go listen to all y’all submissions 👍

this was a fun ride. Love the ear candy. got me looking around for whatever the hell is zooming past me
lookingbaround-kid.gif

I've seen my Focusrite 2i2 do that.

What causes that ?

:unsure:
Not sure. Little quibbles like this and constant disconnecting from the control software is grating at me.

Coming together nicely.

Back