Do Something - Season Four - Week Fire!

Iron1

Shredder
TGF Recording Artist
Welcome to Week Fire!

fire-bravos.gif

For those unwashed masses who don't know how to count in dozens of languages, "Fire" is "Four" in Norwegian. You'd know that if you washed or took a few minutes to google how to say "four" in other languages. Let's face it, washing is overrated, amirite?

Why is this WEEK FIRE?

Well, it seems the entries are decreasing in frequency and volume, sort of like my dating life, and that means we need to light a fire under the local female population- err - everyone on TGF to DO SOMETHING!

cmon-do-something-original-cmon.gif

Anyway, here's what's already been done:

Regular weekly/bi-weekly challenge:

@fretworn - 1
@PLX - 5!!!
@Iron1 - 3
@Whizzinby - 3
@FuzzyAce - 2
Alex Kenivel - 2
@Desertdweller - 1

@woody - 1
@Sleezy E - 2
@Will Chen - 1
(doesn't really count, but participation trophy is a thing...)
@Moondog Wily - 1

That's 22 pieces of music that didn't exist prior to this challenge season. Way to go!

The rest of TGF combined:
oooh-ive-wasted-my-life.gif

TGF Do Something Season Four BANDMATE CHAMPION:

>crickets<
(Some collabs are simmering, but nada yet...)

Ok, time to get going with Week Fire!

at-least-someone-is-prepared

Congrats to all who have participated already!
For all the rules, reasons why @PLX is running away with Season Four, why Corporate Rock is the walk up music of parasitic vultures, intellectual debate of how young people can't seem to create new music, how @Iron1 can b!tch about a decreased number of entries when he himself didn't submit an entry, when exactly Honda will make an AI driven male robot that specializes in greetings via Styx covers and other such non-existent musings, please refer to the Week WON thread.

Man, I’m having a major case of writers block at the moment. It’s sucks because I’m really enjoying this track I’m working on.

I’ve got a “verse” and “chorus” (it’s an instrumental), but I just don’t know where to go with it. Maybe I’ll just post it unfinished. I dunno. I just don’t feel like spending too much time on it.

Man, I’m having a major case of writers block at the moment. It’s sucks because I’m really enjoying this track I’m working on.

I’ve got a “verse” and “chorus” (it’s an instrumental), but I just don’t know where to go with it. Maybe I’ll just post it unfinished. I dunno. I just don’t feel like spending too much time on it.
Post it. Then use the feedback for inspiration and post the redone version in the Directors Cut thread. Ewe can dooo eeet!

Obviously unfinished, but I’ve decided that instead of trying to write and record a complete track, I’m just going to take this opportunity to lay down ideas that pop into my head and maybe some day develop them further.

An intentionally and unapologetically Satriani-inspired idea that I came up with after receiving my JS6.

Any and all criticism or suggestions are appreciated.

Obviously unfinished, but I’ve decided that instead of trying to write and record a complete track, I’m just going to take this opportunity to lay down ideas that pop into my head and maybe some day develop them further.

An intentionally and unapologetically Satriani-inspired idea that I came up with after receiving my JS6.

Sounds great - love that you put the JS to work right away - make that sucka earn it's keep! :rawk

I like where it's heading! Great tones and playing too. (y)
I don't want to feed your head with suggestions except to ask yourself "what might Satch do to finish this song?"

Really great tune, it sounds at least 75-80% done.

Great playing and mix as well.

What is in your signal chain for the guitar? I don't remember what modeler or amps you've been using after you voicing frustration with ToneX.

As for where to take it, you could keep it in the JS vein, or do something Freak Kitchen/Zappa-esque and do a hard, stylistic and key change for the solo section, then bring it back full-circle to the original the chorus.

Last edited:
Sounds great - love that you put the JS to work right away - make that sucka earn it's keep! :rawk
I’ve been playing it nonstop. I don’t know why I haven’t ever owned a JS because I absolutely love the neck on it.
I like where it's heading! Great tones and playing too. (y)
I don't want to feed your head with suggestions except to ask yourself "what might Satch do to finish this song?"
Satch would probably go into a Lydian solo section after the second verse. 😂
Really great tune, it sounds at least 75-80% done.

Great playing and mix as well.

What is in your signal chain for the guitar? I don't remember what modeler or amps you've been using after you voicing frustration with ToneX.

As for where to take it, you could keep it in the JS vein, or do something Freak Kitchen/Zappa-esque and do a hard, stylistic and key change for the solo section, then bring it back full-circle to the original the chorus.
This was all Helix Native. SVT for the bass, Placater for the rhythm guitars, and Vitriol for the lead.

“A PAF Pro through cocked-wah” would be how I’d describe it. Very vocal-like. You can definitely hear it during the verse/lead. Definitely has a spike in the upper mids. It cuts well though.
It works pretty well in the neck position too. Many years ago I had someone install it and PAF Pro, but he accidentally put the Fred in the neck position. I ended up leaving there for about 5 yrs because I liked the way it sounded lol. Works great parallel wired too.

It works pretty well in the neck position too. Many years ago I had someone install it and PAF Pro, but he accidentally put the Fred in the neck position. I ended up leaving there for about 5 yrs because I liked the way it sounded lol. Works great parallel wired too.
It’s been a while since I’ve had a FRED and PAF Pro. I forgot how much I dig them. The PAF Pro is popular for a reason. I could definitely see the FRED working well in the neck position.

Back