Do Something - Season Three - Week One - Let's GOOOO!!!

Iron1

Shredder
TGF Recording Artist
Ladies and gentleman, boys and girls, flaky musicians of all ages, it's time for the GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH!!!

s-l1600.jpg

• This is Week One
  • 8 "weeks" running from the July 15th til whenever 8 weeks later is... ain't nobody got time for math...
  • Similar submission rules to Season Two
  • All submissions equal 1 point.
  • Points will be tallied and listed at the end of each week.
  • Overall, the point system is to act as a marker for your consistency.
  • The challenge is to push yourself to do a little more than your normal thing, some of you will have to learn how to use a DAW, some of you will have to eat less Taco Bell at 2am and play more guitar, some are going to have to feel some kind of 'structure' to remain consistent.
  • Week One Ends at Midnight CST, July 22nd, 2023. Week Two begins a minute later, regardless of when the Week Two thread begins.

• Whoever has the most points at the end will get crowned the :rawk TGF Do Something Season Three CHAMPION!:rawk

• BoNuS BaNdMaTe ChAlLeNgE: Collaborate with another forum member on a song and get a :headbang Whoever has the most :headbangat the end of this season will be declared the TGF Do Something Season Two BANDMATE CHAMPION!
  • So grab a fellow Japanese Superhero Skate Punker and make some tunes!

Or... something else...:idk

Ties will not be broken - unless Drew insists they are, then it's rimshots at 50 paces.

If you're one of the wieners, you can screenshot it and send it to your wife, husband, best friends, random people on Twitter whatever is replacing Twitter this week or wherever you want. Or, if someone has something they would like to submit to a winner; a pack of strings, some picks, a collection of leftover string ferules encased in belly button lint, a power supply, a pedal you don't use anymore but it's not worth selling, anything except items that contained bodily fluids, feel free to submit it.

The winner will get a nifty TGF BANNER under their name that proclaims them as Emperor of all things Mighty and Cool... wait, this just in, it won't actually say that, or bequeath the powers to enforce said title. Instead it will say "TGF Champion". Feel free to enforce the other bits at your own risk.

All who enter at least one track will earn the coveted "I wrote a #$@# song and all I got was this banner" ban- er... wait, not doing that either - my bad. Dammit Carl! Who wrote the teleprompter copy?! #$&#%!!

Dear Esteemed Readers,
We humbly apologize and assure you the teleprompter copywriter has been sacked.
In fact, in order to achieve the highest reader satisfaction and promote loyalty to the brand,
the person(s) responsible for sacking the teleprompter copywriter have indeed also been sacked.
Please don't ask why we're typing this from what we're reading on a teleprompter... it's complicated.
Signed,
the former Emperor of all things Mighty and Cool​

Ahem. Anyhoo...

All who enter at least one track will earn the coveted "TGF Recording Artist" banner in order to shame your fellow TFG'ers who obviously (allegedly? ostentatiously? serendipitously?) don't care.

Thank you all who are going to take part in this! And thanks to everyone who took part in Seasons One & Two!

Great job on the write up Champ! Looking forward to hearing the grooves!! Hammer time!!!

OK, anyone is welcome to work these lyrics (below) into a song if they like for this challenge! I will of course be doing so as well, but would love to hear what others take on it is if they are so inclined. This is a song written for and about the challenge here and I think it could be done in multiple genres. I just composed it moments ago. 17 minute write time (inspired in part by TJontheRoad's call to collaborate). If you want to modify the lyrics or add to them, have at it ;~)) Ready, set, GO (or no, just an offer)!

Challenge - Copyright July 16, 2023 - ANO Publishing, LLC - All Rights Reserved

<Verse 1>
Give me a challenge
And I'll give you a song
Be it instrumental
Or one to sing along

Give me a reason
To take another step
Through the new season
The challenge I accept

<Chorus>
Let it all out
Let your mind bleed
Into the notes
Let the music feed
What you been thinking
But didn't do
Cause you were too busy
Makin' money for food

<Verse 2>
Know that the challenge
Is all in your self
Tappin' into your hidden
Musical wealth

Know that participate
Is all you gotta do
No more procrastinate
Unleash those jewels

<Chorus>
Let it all out
Let your mind bleed
Into the notes
Let the music feed
What you been thinking
But didn't do
Cause you were too busy
Makin' money for food

<Bridge>
Am I OK
Is it good enough
Will I decay
If I never get it up
Can I be
What I think I am
When will I find the bridge
To the promised land

<Verse 3>
Rise to the challenge
Scribble on the wall
Scrape and scavenge
Graffiti lifes halls

Rise up in this moment
Bold and underline
What you been tryin' to
Release from your mind

<Chorus>
Let it all out
Let your mind bleed
Into the notes
Let the music feed
What you been thinking
But didn't do
Cause you were too busy
Makin' money for food

<Outro>
Your OK
And your good enough
You will only decay
If you don't play it up
You can be
What you think you is
Compose your mind
Let your music live

I couldn't come up with any of my normal "drooling on mescaline" rock the last few weeks, so I tried to do an 80's rock inspired theme over the weekend. My apologies to anyone I've offended from the era. :ROFLMAO:

Drums were sorta tough, I just kept trying to think 'driving beat' and stick twirling between snare hits. lol Im not a lead player so that was rough, but the song needed something to fit the genre. (I really need to practice)

Main riff came out super fizzy, but I can't be bothered to re-track it, we have lives to live.

If anyone wants to put some vocals over it, I'm down for the extra credit. @DrewJD82 :whistle :ROFLMAO:

I couldn't come up with any of my normal "drooling on mescaline" rock the last few weeks, so I tried to do an 80's rock inspired theme over the weekend. My apologies to anyone I've offended from the era. :ROFLMAO:

Drums were sorta tough, I just kept trying to think 'driving beat' and stick twirling between snare hits. lol Im not a lead player so that was rough, but the song needed something to fit the genre. (I really need to practice)

Main riff came out super fizzy, but I can't be bothered to re-track it, we have lives to live.

If anyone wants to put some vocals over it, I'm down for the extra credit. @DrewJD82 :whistle :ROFLMAO:

PM me or post a wav/flac/aiff/mp3! I wrote some lyrics and would love to lay them down over that track!! Great job, rockin'!!!

Yay! I finally entered..

My challenge will be getting a song done from start to finish. I've recorded TONS of little snippets that never go anywhere so I'm gonna see this one through for good or for bad.

I recorded this while noodling today and I like it enough that it's a go.
So entry #1 is my rough outline/first draft, the song will build every week. (the lyric part is my least favorite)

Yay! I finally entered..

My challenge will be getting a song done from start to finish. I've recorded TONS of little snippets that never go anywhere so I'm gonna see this one through for good or for bad.

I recorded this while noodling today and I like it enough that it's a go.
So entry #1 is my rough outline/first draft, the song will build every week. (the lyric part is my least favorite)

Looking forward to the vocals parts. So far so good! (y)

Beginnings of a new song for the new band. Feel like it should be slowed down by about 10%, but tried that in GB after I recorded everything and... yeah... so here it is 10% too fast. :rofl

I dig it Iron! Too fast? It's only too fast when your neck breaks.:rofl

I started late last night on an idea. 180 bpm lol. I was channeling some kind of inner SRV so could be interesting.:grin

Back