Do Something - Season Three - Week One - Let's GOOOO!!!

I dig it Iron! Too fast? It's only too fast when your neck breaks.:rofl

I started late last night on an idea. 180 bpm lol. I was channeling some kind of inner SRV so could be interesting.:grin
Thanks! In Ghost Shadows we were all about the speed. Red Vinter is all about the skull-crushing heaviness. So, yeah, this should be slower.

But, to make you feel better about my speed limiting, here's this (that doesn't count as a submission):

Hopefully that renews my speed metal maniac membership card for another 12 months... :rofl :rawk

This wasn't an easy task. We're in a hotel room and I downloaded a couple of DAWs on my android phone, and used the Kaossilator app on another phone to help with instruments. Had to record into my phone mic from a portable speaker so it's super rough and you can hear my family in the background (as well as my strings in the room). Guitars are my Hofner Shorty into the Nu-X Mighty Plug.

This wasn't an easy task. We're in a hotel room and I downloaded a couple of DAWs on my android phone, and used the Kaossilator app on another phone to help with instruments. Had to record into my phone mic from a portable speaker so it's super rough and you can hear my family in the background (as well as my strings in the room). Guitars are my Hofner Shorty into the Nu-X Mighty Plug.

This is the way.

Got another done.

Good stuff T - keep 'em coming!

Man that is some Musical McGuyver level shiznit there. :geek:(y)

Got another done.

I like the melancholy mood T.(y)

Kudos for getting a track out under challenging circumstances!

Hopefully that renews my speed metal maniac membership card for another 12 months... :rofl :rawk
Moderating GIF

What Alex's post would say if he wasn't being so modest:

I didn't have any of my usually gear, so I took what I had at hand:

* Water bottle from the motel mini-fridge
* McDonald's large fry cup
* The foil wrapper from a leftover pack of Dean Markley Cello strings
* Two Pringles containers, minus the lids
* Dog-chewed Troll doll
* Half a ticket to Barbie movie
* 7-11 Burrito remains
* Microcassette recorder, although I didn't have any batteries so I had to improvise using 4 lightning bugs my kid caught that I glued together in series using the ABC gum I found stuck to the underside of the motel nightstand

Sorry if it doesn't sound as professional as my usual stuff - worst of all I had to recruit uncle John and his bingo buddies for the video... hope that's ok.

:wat

Yay! I finally entered..

My challenge will be getting a song done from start to finish. I've recorded TONS of little snippets that never go anywhere so I'm gonna see this one through for good or for bad.

I recorded this while noodling today and I like it enough that it's a go.
So entry #1 is my rough outline/first draft, the song will build every week. (the lyric part is my least favorite)

Tight groove! I dig it!!

Back