Do Something - Season Three - Week FOUR (on the floor!)

ron burgundy GIF

Well gents, @Gearzilla heeded the call and just dropped a solo for my weekly challenge project!

He even had the guts to send me the raw track so I could reamp in native *rubs hands together* :satan

Thanks again Gearzilla! TGF collab 2023 hoo-waa
Al Pacino GIF

Coming along nicely Sleezy -- and glad @Gearzilla could help out! Sounds great.
And don't be afraid to turn up those vocals!

Last edited:

I've finally gotten round to making my first submission. I wrote this after looking after my 9 and 5 year old niece and nephew for a couple of weeks and playing no guitar in that time. It's still in the rough mix stage although my mixes seem to stay in that phase indefinitely :ROFLMAO:

I've finally gotten round to making my first submission. I wrote this after looking after my 9 and 5 year old niece and nephew for a couple of weeks and playing no guitar in that time. It's still in the rough mix stage although my mixes seem to stay in that phase indefinitely :ROFLMAO:

Awesome.

It's a fine line between blues rock and outlaw country. :rofl

Anyways, I'm finally getting around to submitting something. I've participated in the same kind of challenge on a different board with Iron1 (he actually linked me over here) but I haven't found the time or had the inspiration. A few weeks back I saw a cheap electric Tenor Guitar for sale locally that piqued my interest and eventually bought it. I wanted to use it like a cigar box guitar so it's tuned to Chicago Tenor tuning (D,G,B,E). I was noodling around and came up with a few riffs inspired by Samantha Fish's work on a cigar box guitar.

Being a cheap guitar with cheap tuners and bridge saddles, I had a hell of a time trying to double track guitars so you'll notice some warbles that I just didn't have enough time to completely fix to my satisfaction. Not enough time for a solo either. Oh well.

Recording specifics- Reaper as DAW, EZ Drummer 3 for drums, Cozart Tenor Guitar, and Ibanez SRX2EX1 for bass. All VST for tones, using BIAS FX 2

well here it then :)

I know tuning bit off because i recorded it in E and on record its slight sharp... I couldnt be arsed to re record.

There was a galactic merge today

It's a fine line between blues rock and outlaw country. :rofl

Anyways, I'm finally getting around to submitting something. I've participated in the same kind of challenge on a different board with Iron1 (he actually linked me over here) but I haven't found the time or had the inspiration. A few weeks back I saw a cheap electric Tenor Guitar for sale locally that piqued my interest and eventually bought it. I wanted to use it like a cigar box guitar so it's tuned to Chicago Tenor tuning (D,G,B,E). I was noodling around and came up with a few riffs inspired by Samantha Fish's work on a cigar box guitar.

Being a cheap guitar with cheap tuners and bridge saddles, I had a hell of a time trying to double track guitars so you'll notice some warbles that I just didn't have enough time to completely fix to my satisfaction. Not enough time for a solo either. Oh well.

Recording specifics- Reaper as DAW, EZ Drummer 3 for drums, Cozart Tenor Guitar, and Ibanez SRX2EX1 for bass. All VST for tones, using BIAS FX 2

Great work guys.(y)
I just couldn't get one in this week. Tomorrow, week 5 will have to do though!

Ditto … agree completely. I’ll listen through the entire thread later today.

I think I’ll have a decent tune later this week. 👍
I was working on a track til the wee hours this morning. (y)
Mixed them on Sennheiser HD280 headphones which I don't use ever for mixing. So the mix is a challenge because I don't trust them.:rofl
It's about as there as I can stand it at this point (or it's going to have to be because I'm not working on it anymore today lol).

I was working on a track til the wee hours this morning. (y)
Mixed them on Sennheiser HD280 headphones which I don't use ever for mixing. So the mix is a challenge because I don't trust them.:rofl
It's about as there as I can stand it at this point (or it's going to have to be because I'm not working on it anymore today lol).

I usually need a day after mixing, to fix it lol 😂

Yup. Never trust your ears after hours of listening to the same track over and over again. :beer

The last one I pushed out… Totally guilty… Sounds like it too bass and kick buried, no low mids - fudge… Never gonna remix though… way more into the new one 😆

It will be cool this round to tryout room and speaker emulation with Waves NX and some NS10s (along with stints of check mixing in mono).

I’m gonna figure these deaf, shitty ears out… If it kills me… 😝 🤪

Sign Language Asl GIF by Sign with Robert

Back