Do Something - Season Three - Week FOUR (on the floor!)

Iron1

Shredder
TGF Recording Artist
Welcome to Week FOUR (on the floor!) For some that might conjure images of Hot Rods and Hurst Shifters, street drag racing, Woodwarding and more. For others, it's the more plausible reality of:

4i7jm5.jpg

Speaking of how life is going, here's what's happening so far:

Regular weekly/bi-weekly challenge:

TJontheRoad - 1
Whizzinby - 3
T Gobbs - 2
Sleezy E - 3
Iron1 - 3
Alex Kenivel - 6!!!!

@FuzzyAce - 2
@Piing - 1
@PLX - 1
@megametal7 - 1
@fretworn - 1
@Moondog Wily - 1
@duzie - 1
BahamaDada - 1
Gearzilla - 1
PLX - 1

@EveryoneElse - slackers

That's 29 pieces of music that didn't exist prior to this challenge season. Way to go! WOOT!!

The rest of TGF combined:
iStock_000009164519_Small.jpg

TGF Do Something Season Two BANDMATE CHAMPION:

>crickets<
(Some collabs are simmering, but nada yet...)

Ok, time to get going with Week Four (on the floor!)

8-ball-gear-shift-knob-universal-181.jpg

Congrats to all who have participated already!
For all the rules, reasons why the manual transmission is now considered an anti-theft device, why you should really start your engine, why drag racing skid marks on the road way resemble @DrewJD82's childhood shorts and more, please refer to the Week One thread.

Last edited:
I think I can, I think I can, I think I can participate! And then I just fall back into wanting to play songs already in the quiver!! I will flog myself to produce something for this weeks challenge!!! Been missing all my personal goal timelines musically for the past few weeks, it's gotta change sometime ;~)

Really wanted to add vocals to this one but I'm not going to have time to properly record them -- so I threw some sax, flute, clarinet, and organ samples into the mix instead¯\_(ツ)_/¯. I couldn't settle on a snare sound so every snare sound I tried sounds detached to me. I miss recording a real snare!

What gear are you using here ?
Guitar: Ibanez RGA with EMG 81/85; Bass: Ibanez RG Bass. PJ setup, active; Amps: Helix Native. IIRC one is a Recto (right side?), one is the BE (left side?) and IIRC in the mid it is Metallurgy Thrash with the Mark4, Clean guitars are Metallurgy Thrash and Native. I guess I used JC120 on one side and Archetype Clean on the other. Bass is SVT4 Pro+Cab in Native; Effects wise in the rhythm amps it is just Amp - Cab - Dynamic Ambiance (Stereo), in lead they have a stereo dual pitch block after the cab. And some takes have a shimmer; DAW: Reaper, mastered with OZONE9 Elements.

Reactions: PLX

(It's been ages I recorded a song with vocals. So... sorry to anybody listening. Still figruing out this whole OZONE thing and I haven't really sang anything than baby lullabies since... Can't remember. This is basically 2 takes. The guitar is one single take, the vocals is one single take. I just did not have more time to rerecord anything or pitch/time-correct anything. There's just a bit of Ambiance on the takes to not be completely dry. I have a new reverb plugin called LX480 Essential and still try to figure it out :confused: But at least I can say this whole "Do Something"-thing has made me actually record music and finish a song no matter how good or bad it sounds since forever. It still feels good to create something new. So: Whoever had the idea, kudos to you!)

Really wanted to add vocals to this one but I'm not going to have time to properly record them -- so I threw some sax, flute, clarinet, and organ samples into the mix instead¯\_(ツ)_/¯. I couldn't settle on a snare sound so every snare sound I tried sounds detached to me. I miss recording a real snare!

Good job! I hear what you are saying about the snare, kind of poppin' out of there. Fun stuff though, it took a few turns I was not expecting!!

(It's been ages I recorded a song with vocals. So... sorry to anybody listening. Still figruing out this whole OZONE thing and I haven't really sang anything than baby lullabies since... Can't remember. This is basically 2 takes. The guitar is one single take, the vocals is one single take. I just did not have more time to rerecord anything or pitch/time-correct anything. There's just a bit of Ambiance on the takes to not be completely dry. I have a new reverb plugin called LX480 Essential and still try to figure it out :confused: But at least I can say this whole "Do Something"-thing has made me actually record music and finish a song no matter how good or bad it sounds since forever. It still feels good to create something new. So: Whoever had the idea, kudos to you!)

No need to apologize, I have recorded a lot worse! Just ask Whizzinby!! Happy you are embracing the challenge and making things happen, keep it up!!!

Week Four - more radiation burns...

The geiger counter reminds me of brewing coffee. :grin
Maybe I should use this track as my morning wakeup tune?:rofl
Well done Iron!

I dig the arrangement Alex -- always something unique you put together.

I have no idea what you were singing about, but I like it. :grin
Yeah these challenge threads are good motivators not to just sit on your music - but get it out there to share.
Now if I can just motivate my ass to post something this week...:rofl

Back