Cork Soaking Sycophant Has New Guitar Day

la szum

Goatlord

We all know @DrewJD82 is a pretty cool fella. I promise I don't want to be him when I grow
up. Too damn old anyways. :idk

His Edwards NGD from a couple of months back hit me hard. I've been craving a Les Paul Custom
for over a year now. I bought and sold a PRS Tremonti, and an Singlecut in the past year. Neither
of which scratched the LPC itch. I can't fathom dropping $4k to $5K for a Gibson. Just out of my
reach and not a dollar amount I want to invest in a guitar. So I started watching a few Edwards LPC
listing out of Japan on Reverb. About a week ago the almight US Dollar was surging against the
Japanese Yen and I noticed the price on a new one had dropped over $200 since I put it on my
Watchlist. Took me about 15 seconds to pull the trigger.
It showed up today. :banana Immaculately boxed and packed. From the moment I pulled it out of the
box I knew I had something in my hands I would grow to love. Instant Goldilocks moment of this
is "just right."

20230227_194748.jpg

Doesn't need a setup. Not even a little. Nut is cut perfectly. Action is just like I would set it up
myself. Neck is meatier than the Gibson LPC necks I have tried. Not quite 50's Traditional girth,
but very close, and a lot bigger than a Gibson 60's Slim Taper (which I am not a fan of). It comes
with a Duncan Jazz and JB set in it. Plan on dropping some EMGs in it soon. Haha! Not. I am not
that much of a sycophant. More like sycophant lite. :LOL:

20230227_194829.jpg

I will swap out the JB at some point, though. I am super excited to play this with some Amps and
the Fractal. Probably should drop some new strings on it. It's everything I wanted in an LPC. I could
not be more pleased. I have had some crappy NGD in the past year---including multiple returns due
to poor quality. This is probably the best out of the box new guitar I have experienced in quite some
time.

20230227_194805.jpg

Really stoked. Not stoked enough to soak a cork, though. :rofl

What he meant to say was that it’s horrible and no one should ever buy one until la szum and I buy the majority of them to make sure the bad ones don’t get in anyone‘s hands. So yeah, don’t buy. Don’t look on Reverb. Especially the white ones. Actually, there’s a new rule for the forum: If you buy a white Edwards LPC, you HAVE to give it to me. Just replaced Rule 1. Thank you for participating, it is indeed for your own good.

Congrats! I had an E-LP-130 like ten years ago that was really great!
My only complaint was the pretty thin neck that wasn't really what I was after in a Les Paul, so I eventually replaced it with a (gasp) Gibson. :whistle:

...that was also sold to buy my Suhr strat. Realised I'm just a strat guy after all.

Congrats! I had an E-LP-130 like ten years ago that was really great!
My only complaint was the pretty thin neck that wasn't really what I was after in a Les Paul, so I eventually replaced it with a (gasp) Gibson. :whistle:

...that was also sold to buy my Suhr strat. Realised I'm just a strat guy after all.

I was SO worried it would have a 60's style slim-taper neck. It doesn't. So relieved. :beer

Huge congrats mister! Looks awesome and I couldn't be happier for you - I may have to round one up myself, one of these days. And it would be white!

You sure do got a purdy... guitar...

Dunno why, but been feeling the LP GAS lately myself. Not sure it's @DrewJD82's fault, but I'm totally okay blaming him for rando stuff all day so...

Either way, congrats!! She's a beaut!

Back