And then there was Saito....

angry bad man GIF

US/European folks want the Japanese brands.
Hmm ... not really. Japanese stuff is nice and exotic but American and Eastern European guitars is where it's at !!

I was mainly hunting for pedals and read that Ochanomizu area was not the best for those so I skipped it completely. I'm going to Japan again in August so might check the area then.

Digimart.net makes it a lot easier to find what store has what, so you don't necessarily need to even visit or go through a bunch of websites. If you haven't already, I recommend you try using it to find used lefty LP style guitars.

I mentioned them earlier, but the Hard Off stores in Akihabara might be worth a visit too. There's a few pretty close together so it doesn't take long to go through them. Their prices at least for pedals were cheaper than what you find in music stores. The guitars on the wall ranged to surprisingly high end for this sort of store, there was a Custom Shop Fender in one of the display cases for example, and a beautiful Momose Tele for around 2000€ hanging on the rack. I would have bought that if I hadn't gotten a Tele last year.
Ochanomizu probably isn't the best if you're looking for "ill informed cashier steals" where the store doesn't know what they have... but there again, those are quite rare worldwide now anyway. But yeah, I love Hard Off. I'm in Hachioji, which is where the wife's family is from. I guess it is west Tokyo, on the far outskirts.

There's a Hard Off up the road, and I already have my eye on a few trinkets. Particularly camera stuff. I'm really looking to add a 2nd camera to my setup so I can do more Youtube stuff over the rest of the year. We shall see.

I know about Digimart. Not much on there in terms of lefties right now unforts.

Also, there is a beginner series of guitars overhere called 'Grass Roots' which are commissioned by ESP, but made in Korea. They're a lot better than what I started out with in 2004!!!

Back