Cheap Pick Alert- Dunlop Petrucci’s!

DrewJD82

Staff member
In case anyone else uses these Petrucci picks, you can get a 6-pack for $3.99 right now on Amazon-

DunlopJohn Petrucci Jazz III, 6/Player's Pack https://a.co/d/aVhl74L

I don’t think it’s intentional, because the same thing happened a couple years ago. I did a test purchase where I just ordered one pack, because I figured the real price would pop up before I completed the checkout, but nope! I ended up grabbing 10 packs, but when I went to order some for my buddy the next day, the price was back to $12 or whatever they normally go for.

(I went down that whole pick rabbit hole a few months back, found a pick that I felt sounded better, but every time I’m recording I go for these Petrucci’s, I’m just way too used to the feel)

In case anyone else uses these Petrucci picks, you can get a 6-pack for $3.99 right now on Amazon-

I don’t think it’s intentional, because the same thing happened a couple years ago. I did a test purchase where I just ordered one pack, because I figured the real price would pop up before I completed the checkout, but nope! I ended up grabbing 10 packs, but when I went to order some for my buddy the next day, the price was back to $12 or whatever they normally go for.

(I went down that whole pick rabbit hole a few months back, found a pick that I felt sounded better, but every time I’m recording I go for these Petrucci’s, I’m just way too used to the feel)
Jazz III (red ones) player myself. May need to try these and compare. Thnx for the link

I bought a bunch of those years ago, but to me they sound a bit thin, I much prefer the Petrucci Trinity pick. :)

Good lookin’ out! I do like these and have a few. I like the grooves for grip, the thickness, and the shape. Might have to grab another pack or two since they are a good price.

Good lookin’ out! I do like these and have a few. I like the grooves for grip, the thickness, and the shape. Might have to grab another pack or two since they are a good price.

Yeah, it’s mainly the grip on them that I’ve grown attached to. I choke down on them and only have the very tip sticking out, so it’s not even so much the size, but the thickness and grip I’m so used to at this point. And when I start playing faster, the way the strings glide off the edge of the pick is :chef

I bought some just to check out, but I'm not sure why...

I knew I wouldn't like them.. nylon .73 ftw

but... I'll keep a couple on the desk just to make sure.

I just checked my order history, and that's what I paid for them back in August. Is this a sale? I.e., they've increased in price?

I do remember shopping around, and that was the best price I found. I mean, I didn't "shop" shop..., I think I checked SW and Strings & Beyond, and that was all.

I also remember seeing the 24 pack was more expensive per pick, which makes no sense.

2 bucks a pick JP should be showing up at my gig and playing the night for me

They’re 6 picks for $3.99. Either I got really bad at math over night or you’re reading something wrong somewhere along the way.

Some people probably feel the same way about an $8000 Knaggs. Bruce.
I have a JP15. He’s unfortunately still yet to show up. I’ve been to a few of his gigs tho.

Funny story. Was on line at security back to jfk from LAX and walking thru TSA pre check was JP. I said to my wife holy shit look it’s JP. She said no it isn’t no way.

Sure enough he must have been heading back to Long Island and was on our flight. We had a pleasant convo with him at the gate about his camp, DT stuff and whatnot. Was cool.

Still never paying 2 bucks a pick 😂

I have a JP15. He’s unfortunately still yet to show up. I’ve been to a few of his gigs tho.

Funny story. Was on line at security back to jfk from LAX and walking thru TSA pre check was JP. I said to my wife holy s**t look it’s JP. She said no it isn’t no way.

Sure enough he must have been heading back to Long Island and was on our flight. We had a pleasant convo with him at the gate about his camp, DT stuff and whatnot. Was cool.

Still never paying 2 bucks a pick 😂
That's cool!
I think the picks are 67 cents though. Lol

That's cool!
I think the picks are 67 cents though. Lol
For 67 cents, I may dip my beak. MAY 😂
Picks are that thing I want dirt cheap for some odd reason I can’t explain. I’ll think nothing of spending 1k upcharge for some spalted maple pickguard but I can’t go all in on a 67 cent pick.
A few years back I had picks made with my band logo and name. They must have been a buck a piece or a little more IIRC. I sulked over that purchase a few weeks 😂.

Back