Can anyone recommend a USB Bluetooth dongle that will work with a Bluetooth MIDI controller for Plugins (PC)

Rocco Crocco

Roadie
I would like to get a MIDI foot controller for guitar plugins (Helix Native, IK, Neural, etc.). My PC does not have Bluetooth so I would need an adaptor. I am not sure if a USB Bluetooth adaptor would be fast enough or even work at all.

Any other advice for setting this up would be appreciated. Neither my interface nor my PC has midi ins/outs.

Pretty much any USB Bluetooth dongle should work just fine.

You could also consider CME's WIDI products. I've had pretty good results with the WIDI Master and WIDI Jack. They can be even configured to be chained together. The WIDI Uhost or Bud might work for you.

The benefit of the CME things is that you can add wireless MIDI to pretty much anything, so if a controller does not support BT MIDI out of the box, just plug in one of the CME things to its MIDI ports and now it's wireless.

But if you don't specifically need to be able to move the MIDI controller around or over long distance, I'd just get a controller that supports MIDI over USB cable.

Pretty much any USB Bluetooth dongle should work just fine.

You could also consider CME's WIDI products. I've had pretty good results with the WIDI Master and WIDI Jack. They can be even configured to be chained together. The WIDI Uhost or Bud might work for you.

The benefit of the CME things is that you can add wireless MIDI to pretty much anything, so if a controller does not support BT MIDI out of the box, just plug in one of the CME things to its MIDI ports and now it's wireless.

But if you don't specifically need to be able to move the MIDI controller around or over long distance, I'd just get a controller that supports MIDI over USB cable.
So I would be able to plug the controller into a USB port on the PC? There's no USB port on my interface.

So I would be able to plug the controller into a USB port on the PC? There's no USB port on my interface.
Yes, if the controller supports MIDI over USB you can just plug it into any USB port. Depending on the unit, might need to power it separately.

What controller are you using or considering?

Back