Boss ME-90 Multi-Fx

The ME80 used a USB type-A, aka the "printer kind".
That would be USB-B! ;)

get-me-coat (2).gif

Has anyone here inquired about when these will be available? Everywhere I look they are not in stock.

Has anyone here inquired about when these will be available? Everywhere I look they are not in stock.
Can this actually do 4cm with an amp? It has enough jacks I think but the routing aspect is where you are probably going to get tripped up.

Still not clear on this. You can turn the amp emulation off on one of the foot switches, and speaker emulation on the switch in the back. But like you said, where is the FX "block" in its chain, considering it's fixed.

The FX loop is movable so I am guessing 4cm is possible.

Still not clear on this. You can turn the amp emulation off on one of the foot switches, and speaker emulation on the switch in the back. But like you said, where is the FX "block" in its chain, considering it's fixed.
Theoretically; you put the amp in the loop then one of the outs to the FX return. So send to front of amp, amp send to ME return. I am betting it isn't going to work like that.

The FX loop is movable so I am guessing 4cm is possible.
Every demo so far said it can be set just pre or post amp, not movable. And they're talking about its amp emulation.
What happens when you turn that off? And where is the volume pedal, for example, having it pre and post amp is massively different.
So far no one mentioned doing 4CM with it.

Every demo so far said it can be set just pre or post amp, not movable. And they're talking about its amp emulation.
What happens when you turn that off? And where is the volume pedal, for example, having it pre and post amp is massively different.
I think it's cool that they added amps in this. But I am still at the same spot as you are as far as will it or won't it 4cm.

I see what you mean now yeah. On the surface it seems you can only choose pre or post not both. That would be a terrible mistake for Boss.

1688738964133.png

My experience with a boss me-50 was a “never the eff ever again” experience. Hard pass….

D

Yup. Turds are turds. No reason to get nostalgic about a turd is there?? :idk

I am not Nuno rocking a GT-6 for over 2 decades. Not even skill here to
outshine that piece of kit. :LOL:

Yup. Turds are turds. No reason to get nostalgic about a turd is there?? :idk

I am not Nuno rocking a GT-6 for over 2 decades. Not even skill here to
outshine that piece of kit. :LOL:

Speaking of old tech...Once I realized a GP-10 should only get specialty duties, I am very happy with it. Sure I could get through a gig with it by itself but it really shines for acoustic emulation and alt tuning duties. IMO out of the acoustic sims I have tried through the years it's the best hands down. I also stopped trying to get it to emulate an organ or synth because I have gotten to a point with keys where I can play what I need to on a keyboard.

Since it has an effects loop, I'm pretty sure it can do 4CM, and if I'm not mistaken, the loop can be moved, via the editor.

Back