Boss IR-2 - Very compact amp/cab sim pedal

It just occurred to me that if they can squeeze that into the small pedal then I can strip it out of the pedal and with my mad router skills install the guts of it inside a guitar. Pop in a battery and plug in the headphones….done. I’ve got a couple guitars it could probably work in, just have to see how the knobs cause the board to be oriented and then come up with USB and audio jack location/wiring harness etc
lol, I’d have a guitar with a headphone jack, stereo effects loop and USB audio interface!

Last edited:
It just occurred to me that if they can squeeze that into the small pedal then I can strip it out of the pedal and with my mad router skills install the guts of it inside a guitar. Pop in a battery and plug in the headphones….done. I’ve got a couple guitars it could probably work in, just have to see how the knobs cause the board to be oriented and then come up with USB and audio jack location/wiring harness etc
@Boudoir Guitar

lol, I’d have a guitar with a headphone jack, stereo effects loop and USB audio interface!
Kinda like those Mooer GTR guitars?

No you’re not.
i might be..
Meme Reaction GIF
Meme Reaction GIF
Meme Reaction GIF

Let's say we announced a $349 HX Amps in six months. (No way for us to make it $299 with the headphone amp, IR loader, stereo effects loop, extra UI affordance, etc.) The very first thing people will say is "What is Line 6 smoking?! I can find a used HX Stomp for $500!" :mad:

The struggle is real... :D
I agree, one hunnerd percent.

Trust me, I'm pretty amazed you guys managed to make what you made, and priced them all so that there isn't much overlap, even in the used market.

Leo "If That Is Your Real Name" Gibson has a video up, too. I was only familiar with this guy as a TGF latency obsession meme. (And because a friend of mine does an uncanny impression of him LOL.) I had no idea he was such a monster player
Not only is he a monster player, he pumps songs out basically weekly. Full fledged instrumentals many of which could stand their ground on actual albums, not just as intros for Youtube videos.

Having spent a lot of time with the GT1000 ...... the key is ... i.m.h.o ..... ironically .... to set your input level way lower than their in-built meter suggests. If you do it as recommended, you will have a very hot signal that will gain-up and de-dynamicize every GT Amp you try. Set the Input put gain nice and low and ...boom .... more dynamics and feel than you could ever want.

Ben
Thanks for this post! This just gave me a lightbulb moment for something completely not related to this pedal. As soon as I read your reply it flipped the switch for me and reminded me of something else I had this same experience with and am now betting the other situation I have had can be address this exact same way.

I have thoughts but am about to head into a meeting. Initial litany of grievances. I might be wrong on some of them because I haven't had time to investigate really anything:
1. No gain switch or presence controls. Very "powerful" tone sculpting controls on the Boss amp models. Channel switching is cool I'd say.
2. I assume you can't use it as an IR player because Boss is dumb.
3. These GT-3 era legacy amp models HAVE TO GO. FFS this is the same regurgitated BS they have used forever. Upgrade converters but leave the same shit models in place. The X-series are fine on their own merit.

I'll watch some vids later today and follow back up :nails:hmm:rofl

Why you steal my joy?

Supreme Court Joy GIF by GIPHY News

Oh, and…

hey arnold nicksplat GIF

Let's say we announced a $349 HX Amps in six months. (No way for us to make it $299 with the headphone amp, IR loader, stereo effects loop, extra UI affordance, etc.) The very first thing people will say is "What is Line 6 smoking?! I can find a used HX Stomp for $500!" :mad:

The struggle is real... :D

We hold you guys to a higher standard, for better or worse. You're competing the in major leagues, while Boss is more of the bush league, bring-your-own-beverage division.

Back