Best Dual Rectifier Tones

I’m not a fan, but I don’t see how anyone can argue their productions aren’t top notch.
Yeah, a lot of their stuff is too poppy-rock for my tastes, but the girls sure seemed to liked them and I have always liked their tone even if I didnt care for the song.

Back when their Rockstar song came out I was somewhere out in public and the song came on over the loudspeakers, and about a 10 year old girl walked by me and she was singing the lyrics talking about having a drug dealer on speed dial, staying skinny by not eating, etc. and I could not help but laugh a little

James Murphy in the studio recording Testament - Low with 2 bitchin lookin rectifiers.

JM Dual Rec's.png

Not the best tone in this video, but they're playing through a bunch of rectifiers live

This got brought up when it was released; those are their stage prop amps, this was all Fractal. Same thing happened when hey did the Hard Rock oldies/rareities set down here, they brought all those stage amps out and the Fractal haters were all singing the glorious praises of how they’re tone got so much better now that they were back on tube amps until it was pointed out that one of the cabs are mic’d and there’s nothing plugged into the heads.….then it got into the “Well they‘re probably running iso cabs out of view”….as if Metallica was going to take the touring rig they’ve perfected over the last 7 years and haul out all their old road gear for two one-off gigs. :rofl

I think someone at Fractal confirmed they were using Fractals for the observatory thing.

This got brought up when it was released; those are their stage prop amps, this was all Fractal. Same thing happened when hey did the Hard Rock oldies/rareities set down here, they brought all those stage amps out and the Fractal haters were all singing the glorious praises of how they’re tone got so much better now that they were back on tube amps until it was pointed out that one of the cabs are mic’d and there’s nothing plugged into the heads.….then it got into the “Well they‘re probably running iso cabs out of view”….as if Metallica was going to take the touring rig they’ve perfected over the last 7 years and haul out all their old road gear for two one-off gigs. :rofl

I think someone at Fractal confirmed they were using Fractals for the observatory thing.
Ah that’s cool, I didn’t know that. I saw them live a few months ago and thought they sounded fantastic with the fractal setup they were all running.

That place looks like the perfect location to use their Fractals.

Logistically, yes.

But if I were in Metallica and I were getting to play at the Observatory, overlooking all of L.A., I’d be telling the techs “You’re gonna be sending a signal to my old live rig onstage, the Fractal can go to broadcast. If we’re going to rock the Observatory, thus rocking L.A., we’re going to fucking rock them”

I fully understand their entire chance to do it was probably based off a low-noise performance, but there’s a few liberties I’d definitely try to go for if I were in Metallica. :rofl

Logistically, yes.

But if I were in Metallica and I were getting to play at the Observatory, overlooking all of L.A., I’d be telling the techs “You’re gonna be sending a signal to my old live rig onstage, the Fractal can go to broadcast. If we’re going to rock the Observatory, thus rocking L.A., we’re going to fucking rock them”

I fully understand their entire chance to do it was probably based off a low-noise performance, but there’s a few liberties I’d definitely try to go for if I were in Metallica. :rofl
ALLLLLL THE CRUNCH BERRIES.

Back