Best Dual Rectifier Tones

MirrorProfiles

Shredder
Let’s share our favourite Recto tones. Triples and singles of any era allowed. Maybe let’s keep youtube demo videos out of it and stick to album recordings unless there is a very very good reason not to.

Got a feeling this may be with some T75’s, or at least some blended in:

some talk of this being a Morin modded Marshall that NRG had in their back line. I’m saying Recto:

Another one with T75’s:

guessing this is recto?

never really got on with Creed/Alter Bridge but there must be some good Tremonti tones?

Go ahead send me to hell ( it’s over rated btw),
for postin’ Godsmack.
However, Sully Erna is a BAD ASS musician.
Plus, check it out dudes, the video’s filmed in prison, the cage etc..
RAD!!

Him and Tony have gotten some great Mesa tones over the years. I loved the first two albums, maybe even three. My reasons for despising them after that are unrelated to their music and due to me and Sully looking extremely similar at different points of our lives, which was brought to my attention heavily when I lived in Boston.

Listening to this now....man, hahahhaha that is SO fucking Recto on those "dun du du dung", you can hear the sizzle coming out of the speakers loud and clear before it comes in with the main tone they use in the rest of the song.

Last edited:
guessing this is recto?

never really got on with Creed/Alter Bridge but there must be some good Tremonti tones?

Hahahah the tones are pretty much the only thing worthy of listened to Creed for. :rofl This song is pretty good, though. Coming out of the bridge when they finally got Scott to sing with some balls has some cool layering.

Hahahah I'm listening on these HS8's.....everything sounds like shit right now on account of not being used to them.

beaut of a Rev F (or earlier) and JMP here. My buddy has a Rev E that supposedly was in SOAD’s camp, wonder if this is it….

IMG_5771.jpeg

Last edited:
This took way too long. :LOL:

I'll refrain from posting Dogman, because everyone knows that.
Some kind of Marshall is supposedly blended in with the Recto. :idk

Apparently, Ty was not a fan of the Rectifier tones.

You're correct, that took too long.

I KNEW there was an album I couldn't put my finger on and that was definitely it!

Outside the box for sure with this one. Dual Rec Trem-O-Verb with a Rickenbacker and Telecaster. Yup.
Thank you, Jeff Buckley. :chef

These amps are way more versatile than the downtuned (Nu)Metal they are so often associated with.

Jeff seemed to like blending a Fender with the Mesa.

Last edited:
Back