Best Dual Rectifier Tones

As I get older, popular rock music from when I was younger makes me smile more than it did then. Maybe it's nostalgia, maybe it's because every kid in that video is now in their late 40s to early 50s, but I dig a lot of poppier rock songs now from that era for sure.

We don't even really have pop rock anymore. Not really.

Totally valid, I get that 100%. That first came in the form of Duran Duran and Tears For Fears with me, but you can fire off pretty much any song from the 90's and as sick of it as I may have been for years, listening now is like a fresh set of ears just from the nostalgia alone.

this one is rad, HAS to be a rectifier. Dave Bottrill, Sound City Studios, absolutely glory days of record making and budgets facilitating cool shit to happen still

i saw this band mentioned somewhere and remember seeing them a few times back in the day so i pulled them up, this album quickly landed in my a/b mix list, i didnt realize it was done at sound city, it does have that punch to it. i agree that was the golden era still of recording

not 100% sure on this one but must be

and same with this. Can’t think of too many Colin Richardson ones although they must be out there:

one of the best. Helps when you have Eric’s right hand playing into it:

a track like that played with a JVM or mesa mark sounds like a F1 car straight as a laser with 750kg of down force going around twisties at 170mph

played through a recto it sounds like a baja truck with 3 feet of suspension travel, no matter how hard you beat tf out of it the transformer and power section just sagging and flexing and twisting around underneath

could never really get on with this musically but I seem to remember they used a ton of rectifier:

Cannibal Corpse too right? anyone who wears blood paint and paints their nails black care to share anything?

IMG_5788.jpeg

Back