Axe-FX III Dyna-Cabs

7h0ioy.jpg

Sounds like you can choose which firmware option but I imagine the official release will only be the 57 but maybe they will add it!
No, there is no choice at this time, nor do I expect there would be more than one forthcoming. There's only been one "official 'open beta'" and the beta team is weighing in first so it's undetermined at this point.

No, there is no choice at this time, nor do I expect there would be more than one forthcoming. There's only been one "official 'open beta'" and the beta team is weighing in first so it's undetermined at this point.
By choice I mean Cliff sent out a firmware edition with a different mic though?

By choice I mean Cliff sent out a firmware edition with a different mic though?

Gonna be interesting seeing that cat go back in the bag if the SM7 doesn’t end up sticking around for final release.

”I got my dream tone with the SM7 and now I can’t get anything usable out of my AxeFX since it’s not there anymore. Really killed my enjoyment for playing, think I’m going to try some other modelers unless it gets put back in”

Gonna be interesting seeing that cat go back in the bag if the SM7 doesn’t end up sticking around for final release.

”I got my dream tone with the SM7 and now I can’t get anything usable out of my AxeFX since it’s not there anymore. Really killed my enjoyment for playing, think I’m going to try some other modelers unless it gets put back in”
I have a Helix for sale :D

While I do use a 57 in the Helix I've never been really fond of the tones , maybe its different in the Fractalverse
:idk

Why the parallel firmwares, isn't there enough space for another mic?
What if people want a MD421 or M160 next?
I did find this rather "odd" and wondered if the "problem" isn't storage on the Axe FX III Mk2 and Turbo, but perhaps is on the OG Axe FX III and perhaps FM series?

Why the parallel firmwares, isn't there enough space for another mic?
What if people want a MD421 or M160 next?
At this point no
It one of 3 types one of each
Now perhaps in the Stand alone app they are talking about you will see more mics but not in the hardware at this time

The new Dyna-Cabs have 3 selectable mics, but Fractal shot the IRs with 6, and then selected the "best" 3 - in the case of the SM57, Cliff said he thought the SM7 sounded better but felt he had to include the SM57 due to its iconic status.
Thank you. Sounds like a wise choice but it certainly makes you wonder what the SM7 sounds like :whistle

Back