Anyone using external switches with the FM3?

cragginshred

Roadie
I got rid of my FM9 and am downsizing to the FM3. Had one before and assigned functions and pre sets to a 2 button external switcher. Can you who are familiar with this set up remind me how to do this and can I say assigned holding both buttons for the tuner, and then have each button be add on pre sets?

Thanks,
Don

I've always wondered this and wouldn't something like this be pretty good? ~$30, bluetooth, rechargeable.

Amazon link to one of those rechargeable M-VAVE Chocolate BT Wireless MIDI Controllers:

I ask this as a midi-ot (midi idiot)

I've always wondered this and wouldn't something like this be pretty good? ~$30, bluetooth, rechargeable.

Amazon link to one of those rechargeable M-VAVE Chocolate BT Wireless MIDI Controllers:

I ask this as a midi-ot (midi idiot)

I have one. It's hard to beat the price; features are good; I'm just not in love with the switches. If I recall correctly (and I might not; it's been a while since I've used mine) you have to use their proprietary receiver.

I prefer the Ampero Control 4 overall, although the Control 4 doesn't have an onboard battery, which just about defeats the purpose for many applications. But if you're building a pedalboard where you already have a 9V power supply available, the switches are superior IMO. Programmability and compatibility with receivers is probably better, too. About 4x the price, though.

My first choice is the Paint Audio MIDI Captain, which I never stop carrying on about. 10 switches, support for rechargeable batteries (in a AA compartment), and extremely low latency with Paint Audio's proprietary receiver. Somewhere around $150 for the switches and said receiver IIRC.

P.S. The "documentation" that the M-VAVE ships with literally looks like the fortune out of a fortune cookie. Microscope sold separately. :D

Last edited:
I got rid of my FM9
How Dare You Greta GIF

I have a 2 switch one I got on e bay about 4 years ago for 15$ and it worked fine with the previous FM3 I owned. I cannot recall the brand to find another with 4 buttons

I have one. It's hard to beat the price; features are good; I'm just not in love with the switches. If I recall correctly (and I might not; it's been a while since I've used mine) you have to use their proprietary receiver.

I prefer the Ampero Control 4 overall, although the Control 4 doesn't have an onboard battery, which just about defeats the purpose for many applications. But if you're building a pedalboard where you already have a 9V power supply available, the switches are superior IMO. Programmability and compatibility with receivers is probably better, too. About 4x the price, though.

My first choice is the Paint Audio MIDI Captain, which I never stop carrying on about. 10 switches, support for rechargeable batteries (in a AA compartment), and extremely low latency with Paint Audio's proprietary receiver. Somewhere around $150 for the switches and said receiver IIRC.

P.S. The "documentation" that the M-VAVE ships with literally looks like the fortune out of a fortune cookie. Microscope sold separately. :D
Oh. I assumed the Paint Audio MIDI Captain was just another “clakety” Midi Commander clone. I may need to look into it for FM3 and Hx Stomp

Back